Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Spotty Challenge

I realize it's been over a week since I last posted. Sorry about that. A) I've actually been really sick with this pregnancy and haven't felt like much of anything for about 8 weeks and B) my mom has been in town this week to take care of me while Brad's been doing school. Brad has been FABULOUS in the taking care of sick Erin department, but it was so nice to have Mom here while Brad has been in school all day everyday. Reality will hit hard on Monday when she's not here to anticipate my food needs or pass me the trash can. Thanks so much for coming, Mom! You left an hour ago, and I miss you already. I had to fetch my own snack...it's a hard life. :)

However, as I said last post, I went ahead and planned ahead for outfits that I'd thought out before I found out I'd be outgrowing my clothes. So, here's the one I planned for this week:



FYI: That's not a baby bump you're seeing. The shirt blouses there. Also, this is, by no means, an exact match-up with my character, but I thought it was a cute interpretation. I was going for:



101 Dalmatians! Not a particular Dalmatian, exactly...more of an impression. Did it impress you? 

Character: um...pick one! 101 Dalmatians

Outfit:
*Polka dotted top from Dress Barn in 2011. My favorite part is that the neckline is all pearls.
*Black skirt is the same ol' Old Navy one. I'm going to keep it forever.

Disneybound inspiration board(s):





I really like the Perdita board. I wouldn't mind owning that outfit. Mostly, I just accomplished the polka dot part.

I've had a few people saying I should do the maternity version of the Challenge. The only problem with that is that I'm really hoping to be very conservative in the purchases I make, so I'm not sure I'll have too many options. We'll see, though. I'll keep you posted!


Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...