Monday, February 4, 2013

The Final Challenge

Well, I've finally gotten around to finishing up the very last bit of my 2012 Challenge. I really feel a bit sad typing that out. Amiee and I got way behind on posting there at the end of the year; so, I'm just now getting it all finished, and I know that Amiee is wrapping up picture editing/writing characters up, too. 

Before I get off on my thoughts throughout the Challenge and what's up next, I really should give this one its fair share of air time. Here's the last picture:



My goal was that musical, native American princess...



Pocahontas. Pocahontas, while never a particular favorite of mine, makes me think of three things immediately:
1. The summer that the move came out and all of the candy that Nestle made in a Pocahontas theme. Does anyone else remember the chocolate bars and sweet tarts? They came out the summer before my family moved overseas, so it's rather etched in my mind.
2. My bff, Kat. If she was forced to be a Disney princess, she would be Pocahontas. 
3. My friend/college roommate, Molly. There was this one day that we had gone to get dinner (Moe's, I think), and we were listening to Disney songs in her car on the way back (we're cool...we know). We got back to campus, but we weren't finished singing "The Colors of the Wind," so we just drove around campus until we finished the song. Do you even remember that, Mols?

Anyway, here's the breakdown:

Character: Pocahontas from Pocahontas

Outfit:
*Sweater was purchased with a leftover Belk gift card (leftover from our wedding) in 2012.
* White t-shirt is a maternity shirt that my aunt picked up for me for a couple of dollars at her local thrift store.
*Belt came from Francesca's in Huntsville...2011?
*Necklace was a gift from Kyleigh for my birthday last year.
*Jeans are one of my three pairs of maternity pants. I got them for almost nothing off the "as-is" rack at Motherhood Maternity in Kittery, ME.

Disneybound inspiration board:



Perhaps I'll be able to put together a coherent wrap-up post by the end of this week. We'll see how that pans out... I think I got pretty close to the inspiration board in this particular outfit. Thoughts?

Hope you all had a happy Monday.

Images from here and here.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Love the Pocahontas! She is one of my favs. I'm sorry the challenge is over, but I think you've done a fantastic job. Who knows, maybe later this year you can treat us to Disney Challenge: Baby Edition :)

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...