Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Fall Break with Breanne

My friend, Breanne, and I met 8 years ago before we both moved overseas. The backstory of our crazily connected lives is a really interesting one that you should ask me about sometime. We moved to different countries but kept in touch, even planning a vacation together to Austria that was thwarted because of a volcano that erupted in Iceland. 

Yeah. That happened.

It was a big disappointment, but we tried to make up for things when she visited me in Boston our first year there. And then our second year. And all three years that we've been in Durham. Basically, she's the kind of friend that stays with you through the years. Which is very valuable, I think.

Two of her visits (2012 and 2015) were years that I was pregnant and basically zero percent fun, and four of those years, I've had small children that make visiting somewhat complicated. Despite all of that, she still visits, and we still have a good time. Some years, we do fun things like visit Louisa May Alcott's home (2012 in Concord, MA) and visit the Duke Gardens (2014). Other years, we take Claire to her music class and go to Kroger (ahem...2016). But we always have good times of conversation, games, and general merriment. 

We're usually really bad about remembering to take pictures, but I dug up a few from over the years!


From her first visit to Durham (Duke Gardens)



First visit to Durham (back when Claire was wee)


This most recent trip! Playing "hide-and-sink" in our neighborhood.

Breanne brought Claire a set of Cars puzzles. They were a hit!

Snuggles with Lily.


One of the very few pictures of the two of us. You'd think we'd be able to get it together more often...

Thank you, Breanne, for making us a priority! We are thankful for you!

1 comment:

bo said...

Awwww.... I made the blog. Thanks for the shout out, friend. I love our visits and thank you for including me your lives!

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...