Saturday, November 19, 2016

Letter to my Little Lily: 7 Months

Oh Lily,

How have 7 months already gone by? I teared up a little the other day, thinking about how quickly time with you has flown. In just a couple of seconds, my mind went from your little baby self to you graduating from high school and moving to college. I COULD NOT EVEN HANDLE IT. I decided to keep you forever. I hope that doesn't mess with your life plans too much.




This has been such a fun month with you. Your personality has been shining through in the most adorable ways. You love to laugh, you love to watch Claire, and you LOVE interacting with us (especially Claire). You've been jabbering and chattering, trying to tell us all kinds of things. You've been sticking your tongue out again, and I LOVE it. You've taken your rolling up to the next level and can get just about anywhere (including stuck!) that you decide you want to go. I'm still trying to catch it on video. You are a difficult little thing to catch on video...

Stuck.


You're also sitting up (a little) on your own! It's terribly cute, and you're so proud of yourself- until you topple. Then you're terribly offended. Anytime you see Claire doing stuff, you want to be right there with her. And you're SO happy when you feel like you're a part of things. So smiley and so bouncy. Another favorite? "Playing" the piano with Daddy. It's the cutest.








You're eating all kinds of solids! We started with strictly fruit and veggie purees, but we've quickly moved on to little pinches of this and that off of our plates. It's not like I've gone wild and crazy with your introductions to solids, but I'm definitely more liberal with you than I was with your sister...I think we're all ok with that.





There was a pretty dark period of time during this month that you reverted to waking up at 4:00 in the morning for your first feeding. This was definitely not fine with me. Daddy and I had to work quite diligently to break you of that unfortunate habit. Thankfully, you handled things well and got back on a wake-up-at-7 schedule. Let's not repeat this again, ok? It was roughhhh.





The first presidential election of your lifetime happened this month. It wasn't pretty. Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton in a rather historic election, and things in society got rather ugly. I'm really glad that you were too young to know about how ugly things got because of hurt, misunderstanding, fear, and uncontrolled words. When you're older, I'll tell you about it, and we'll talk about the importance of voting your conscience, standing up for your convictions, valuing and protecting others, demonstrating empathy, seeking peace and reconciliation, and perhaps most importantly, being wise with your words. I've been praying about these things for you and Claire in light of all that has happened surrounding this election.



I want you to know how valuable you are. To me, to Daddy, to everyone who knows you. To Jesus. You are so precious and so loving, and I pray that these things are always a part of who you are. 

We love you so very very much.


Week 27 
You moved so much for every picture I took this week. You were so happy...and everything was very blurry.

Toe-touch!

Week 28

Week 29

Week 30

The tongue. Also? These are my favorite jammies, I think.

7 Months.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...