Friday, November 4, 2016

Around here lately: October 2016 edition

This month's collection of hilarious Claire-isms. You're welcome, Future Claire.

I'm so glad that we brought Lily home from the hospital!

Where's the daddy one? We were meeting up with some relatively new friends to spend the morning at the museum, and this was her way of asking where the husband/dad was, as we were just meeting up with the mom and kids.

Do you have a girl? Variation: Do you have a boy? Her way of asking someone if they have children. 

The big people at church got Daddy because they knew Daddy needed me. Claire had an upsetting time in nursery at church one evening, prompting the nursery workers to go get Brad out of Bible study. This was Claire's take on it.

Sometimes, people don't take naps and then they cry at church. This comment goes along with the previous comment. The reason she had an upsetting time at nursery was because she stayed awake during naptime, singing to herself, rather than napping; by the time nursery rolled around, she was way overtired and just waiting to wilt. Which she did.

Right benext to____. her new preposition



Did they come from church? after seeing women wearing dresses on tv.

Claire: I'm going to obey you probably.
Erin: No, "promptly."
Claire: Promtwy.

I'm playing hide and sink.

I don't like righty tighty. I just like lefty loosey.

That sign is like where Madeline lives. The RDU airport now offers a direct flight from Raleigh to Paris. All around the airport, there are banners announcing this and sporting a picture of the Eiffel tower. Claire noticed and made the connection between the Eiffel tower and Madeline.



Oooh wa wa! "Ooh la la!"

Maybe if his heart gets big enough, he'll want to visit us at our hotel. commenting on her interactions with the Grinch at Universal Studios

What were his eyebrows saying? referring to the Grinch's facial expressions

I had a GREAT time on the train! the Hogwarts Express at Universal

I got a picture with my train friends! the conductors of the Hogwarts Express

Mommy, I am waking up. Because it is time for me. Claire breaking the news to me that she was not returning to sleep...at a very early hour...while on vacation at Universal.

Cheering Daddy on at a soccer game. She was quite a hit with both teams.


Bo has been sneaking peanut butter into my mouth. You're sneaky, Bo!

Can it sleep in my bed? In my room? When she becomes inexplicably attached to inanimate objects, she often asks if they can sleep in her bed. When I say "no," she switches to asking if said object can sleep in her room. Most recently, it was two packets of malt vinegar that came with dinner at a restaurant. I don't know, guys.

Nana, I've been watching that green train. And those things going up and down and up and down. announced after pensively watching roller coasters outside the window of a restaurant at Universal for several minutes.

You have a ring in your nose. I'm not going to touch it. To my sister who does, in fact, have a nose ring.

If there was a dinosaur, I would not be happy about it.

This is Joy and her Mommy. I'm holding them because they were scared of the bad guys. playing with two unopened cans of ginger ale

We got a package, so naturally it became a jungle gym/playhouse.



Erin: You could take a nap.
Claire: In the CAR??
asked incredulously, when I responded to her inquiries of what else she could do to occupy her time in the car; this child does not sleep in vehicles.

Burrito fell in the water. She actually meant "Pepito." She was pretending a situation from a Madeline movie and got the details a little confused.

Erin: You can't have my wedding cake because it's gone.
Claire: Don't worry. It will come back and get me married.
She's very fixated on pictures she has recently seen of my wedding cake.

When I was in your tummy, did I make a cake for you?

I want to play a violet when I'm older enough. translation: violin

How old are you, 6 or 28? to me



Mommy, take my picture with Minnie!

Erin: You used to be a little baby like Lily.
Claire: Then I grew up into a big sister called Claire. And you guys put teeth in my mouth.

Eh-corns translation: acorn

I think Lily needs a friend. I will sit with her. while Lily was having a fussy tummy time

Punkin George actually, the Curious George Boo-fest movie

Legs want to be under here 'cause it's their napping spot. while wedging her legs under mine

Are we out of light? we have several blown bulbs that we have yet to replace...

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...