Saturday, November 5, 2016

Halloween, year 2

Since November 1st last year, Claire has been asking about when we can go trick-or-treating again. To say she loved it is a massive understatement. Interestingly, her first time trick-or-treating was also my first time, as we always did fall festivals at church when I was growing up. There aren't as many churches around here that do festivals, including our church. Last year, we just did our neighborhood, but this year, we joined up with some friends in their (much larger) neighborhood.

And boy, did Claire have the time of her life.

We went around with about 5 other families (several of which had little girls about Claire's age!), got lots and lots of candy, and were dressed up as her favorites: characters from Tangled.

Pascal, Flynn Rider, and Rapunzel

(well, technically, I wasn't really dressed up. I was fighting a wretched cold, felt lousy, and couldn't pull anything together for myself. So, I wore Lily.)

How cute is she as a chameleon? I worked really hard on this costume, as you can see.

She was very excited about about this Rapunzel dress. Also, those door handles are placed so that they look like some sort of hairpiece (as my mom pointed out), but they're just handles to the laundry room.

Three princesses in our group: Anna, Rapunzel, and Elsa. Elsa's family also dressed thematically, and it was so cute.

Claire's haul. We're hardcore rationing, much to her frustration.

Halloween isn't really a big deal around the Boswell house, but it sure is fun to watch Claire have such a blast dressing up and being SO EXCITED after each house she visits. And yes, I've already fielded questions about when she can go trick-or-treating again.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...