Saturday, March 4, 2017

Around here lately: February 2017 edition

And just like that, another month of quotables is in the books. Enjoy!

There's something tickling my throat with a crab.

I really like Lily. But I want her to take a nap. (Lily was supposed to be napping but was making lots of noise instead)


She still loves to do this at Home Depot.


I'm sorry, Mommy. I couldn't hear you because of Lily. (They get up to silly- and LOUD- shenanigans in their shared bedroom.)

We need to worship Jesus because he rose from the dead.

Lily can play with my purse. The beads are inside, and Lily is safe. (We've been teaching Claire to help monitor areas for unsafe/too small items. She had been playing with some small beads but had zipped them up inside her purse. Thus, Lily could safely play with the purse.)




That's the baby hand and that's the mommy hand. (The hour and minute hands on the clock.)

Mommy, I'll teach you how to skip fast when you grow up.

Our house is banging down. And tearing apart. There are spider webs outside my window. (Our house is in excellent shape. The one tiny cobweb outside her bedroom window is, apparently, very concerning to her.)




I ran out of sleep.

Erin: Where is your kitty cat?
Claire: (lowers voice to creepy whisper) It's a mystery.

Excuse me, Mommy Daddy, but Lily is doing the thing she's not 'posed to. (Lily can't get away with anything.)




Lily's doing a nice balance. (Said the day that Lily pulled up for the first time.)

Foreign cookie (she mis-heard the pronunciation of "fortune cookie")

I'm taking picture of y'all because you guys are so cute. (said to Brad and a professional photographer as they were talking)


This is what I deal with when trying to get pictures...


Twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine, twenty-ten!

King Darius is going to make Elsa melt.

(while driving in rush hour traffic on the way to the airport)
Claire: What do you keep stopping?
Erin: So I won't hit the car in front of me.
Claire: And so you won't break the car?

I think Lily is nice, and I want to keep her because she's my friend.




(about her birthday party)
Claire: What kind of company will I have?
Erin: *lists little girls who are coming*
Claire: Um, what kind of husbands do they have?

(referring to a ballet dvd she likes to watch; she calls it "The Matching Girls")
I'm doing Matching Girls, Nana, but it's tricky to coupe while you walk.

Where's my fevver doctor fing? (She meant thermometer)

I have to get this chip out of my shoe.


My corralling system while I dry my hair.


These pants are strong for my toe to go through. (She was having trouble getting her legs into her leggings. BTW: we do not believe leggings are pants. She just doesn't know the word "leggings.")

I love you very much, guys.

Brad: Do you know what animal this is? (a porcupine)
Claire: Yes!
Brad: What is it?
Claire: Let's call him Dave!




(to the tune of "Humpty Dumpty")
Donkey, Donkey sat on a wall!
Donkey, Donkey had a great fall!
Then Rapunzel took him to the doctor.

(attempting to quote a character on Planes)
Claire: "Aw, my iPad, man!"
Brad: Claire, it's "sky-pad."
Claire: "Sky, my iPad, man!"

(eating her first Sweettart) It's spicy.




I like flowers in the world! (meaning: best in the whole world)

Claire, up to shenanigans
Erin:Toes, stop eating the puzzle or we'll have to put it away.

I just really like Lily my friend.


A birthday present


Erin: Persevere, Claire! It's like "just keep swimming!" (from Finding Nemo and Finding Dory)
Claire: I think Dory and God are telling me that!

Will you bring Lily back? (every night when I get Lily out of her crib for one last feeding before I go to bed)

The propeller is my best friend. (which was cute until followed by "give it back! You can't take it! I won't calm down!" *stomps foot*)


The "propeller"


Erin: Lily, you're so sneaky!
Claire: She's the SNEAKIEST kid.

George is a PROBLEM SOLVER!

Did you know coffee table are hard to hit your head?




Erin: It's bedtime soon.
Claire: But I'm grubby and need a bath!

The lips need some sun. (She is very confused about what to call tulips.)

Mmm. This is the best syrup ever. Oh, syrup on my shirt. I can get it. *licks shirt*

Ballet DVD: Think of somewhere you want to go.
Claire: I want to go to Minnesota to TAKIA'S house! (Takia is Tim, my brother-in-law.)




I'm the Queen. Don't touch my hair while I'm the Queen.

Erin: Can you always be my little bear?
Claire: No, because I have to grow up and get bigger.
Erin: Can I always call you my little bear?
Claire:Yes. That would be OK with me.

Barbara, explaining to Claire that Bill (my urologist father-in-law) was talking shop with Tim (my urologist brother-in-law).
Barbara: They are talking about urology. Can you say "urology?"
Claire: My-ology.
Barbara: No, URology.
Claire: MY-ology.




Fer-mom-of-ter (an evolved pronunciation of "thermometer")

Erin: Here, Claire, sit over here.
Claire: But I want to be tucked in.
(i.e. sandwiched between Brad and me on the couch)

Lily crying.
Erin: What happened?
Claire: I don't know. I fink she has a tooth.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...