Thursday, September 13, 2018

Brassarts at ILC: Round 3

Twenty-three years ago, the original Brassarts (Mom, Dad, Erin, Amiee) left the States to spend a year living on the Arabian peninsula. Dad worked in a Baptist hospital, and we lived our lives in a VASTLY different world from the one we knew.


Ten years ago, I left for two years spent in Ukraine, working alongside a local Baptist church, helping build their English ministry and meeting students.


This fall, Amiee leaves for two years in Kenya. She'll be working with impoverished communities and refugees.


Apparently, it's a family pasttime.

We've all gone with the same sending organization, and part of the process for our organization is a period of training before departure. For our family in the 90's, it was a mere 2 weeks. When I went, it was 8 weeks. I think Amiee's ended up being about 6ish weeks. So, we've lived on the same training campus for about 4 months between the 4 of us. It feels very homey, thanks to all of our time there. 

Mom, Dad, the girls, and I drove up a few weeks ago for Amiee's commissioning service. It was so fun and nostalgic to be back. I really enjoyed showing my girls (not that they really understood, but you know). If nothing else, they liked the playground.



Mom found these fantastic world map dresses for the girls to wear for Amiee's commissioning. And Africa is front and center!


Some gratuitous Brynnie pictures.

And this! This is from 10 years ago when I was at training. This is my friend, Mindy, who we got to have supper with while we were in town! I didn't get a picture with her this time, but we still pretty much look like this. :)

We're so proud of Amiee and thankful for her obedience. Once her blog is up and running, I'll be sure to link up to it! If you're on Instagram, you can follow her @amieebrassart. We're excited to see glimpses of her life in Africa.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...