Sunday, September 9, 2018

LILY-ISMS: August 2018 edition

Lily's been at it again! I'm so excited that she's joined the ranks of "things my kids say." Enjoy!

Hi, Mommy! How are you doing here?

I went to church and saw animals!
By "church," she meant "zoo."

We're talking, Daddy!
When asked what she and Claire were up to.

Bye! I'll miss you! I'll miss your pizza!
To a restaurant.

More kickle time!
To Brad: More tickle time!

Erin, comforting Brynn: It's ok, Brynn.
Lily: Mommy's gotchu.

Fwim: Swim

Fwed you: Hold you

Good mernin', Mommy!


Lily wore her new raincoat (hood up) for, literally, hours

While "reading" a book to herself
Hahaha! Those silly dogs.

Mommy, it's a castle!
The Eiffel Tower

Bye, donuts! I miss you!
To Krispy Kreme. The evening before, Brad had taken the girls for donuts. The next day, I took them somewhere very prosaic by comparison, and she said this as we drove by KK.

Mayshun Dogs: 101 Dalmatians

Ick! I don't eat it.
Something on her plate. Of the vegetable variety, most likely.

Hugs Brynn
Hi, Buddy!

Lily (stage whispering): Mommy! I'm hiding under the table!
Claire: Lily! Don't tell her where we are! Mommy, we're in the same place as each other.

Of COURSE!
This has replaced "sure" from earlier this summer. Equally as funny.

Bye, house! I'll miss you!
Apparently, she's really attached to places.



Claire, I bring Mommy.
Holding my hand and leading me into a room.

Calling out, as if calling a dog
Baby turtles! Baby turtles!

But I HAVE to climb!
Anything. Everything. It's a compulsion.

Unk Tim: Uncle Tim

Grandpaaaa! Grab my hand!
As I was carrying her off to nap. Asking Grandpa to save her from her doom.

Just minute
Said when stalling

Mommy, don't go.
When I needed to leave what we were playing and change the laundry over.

Thanks more water, Ocean!
Thanking the ocean for filling her sand hole with water.

Ice cream! We DID it!
Said when successfully arrived at the ice cream shop



Singing the theme song from Madeline
"I'm Madeline! I'm Madeline! I'm very cute!"
Note: these are not the words to the song

 No Daddy! No power kiss!
Brad does this cute thing with the girls where he'll hold them, give them a huge smooch, and let them "fall" over backwards (obviously, he holds on to them). They call this a "power kiss." Lily usually loves this, but she's two, so sometimes she gets feisty about it.

Mrs. Deb, this is Brynnie Boo Boo!
"Introducing" Brynn to my friend, Deb (who had met Brynn multiple times already, by the way)

Pat-killer: Caterpillar

My stander: my step stool

I put ball in time out.

I wuv you, Mommy. I very happy.

Where's Claire? Claire my fwiend.

Sits down next to my mom
So, how's it goin', Nana?


Doing one of the stretches from their ballet video

Water mountain: water fountain

At Amiee's commissioning in Virginia, I walked the halls with Lily for most of the service because she was incapable of being quiet. While sitting in the foyer, she looks at me, holds up her hand (as if stopping traffic) and says,
I go potty. I be right back.
Note: she is not remotely potty trained

A few minutes later, while sitting on the potty (fully diapered- this was just to kill more time), she says,
It's not working...

I fink batteries died. 
When running across a remote that wouldn't work

I tried to teach the girls the Swahili word for "hello" (Jambo) to greet Amiee with. Lily give up.
I say "Pongo."

I still hungry, Muvver.
To me, influenced by 101 Dalmatians

We took the girls and my parents to the Duke-Army football game. The beginning of the game experience included fireworks/sparklers, the team running onto the field, and a 5-plane flyover. My mom, holding Lily, points to the sky to show Lily the planes amidst all the excitement. Lily says,
Birds!
She did not mean the planes. She spotted 3 actual birds and was very excited about it.

On the shuttle bus back to our parking lot after the game
Bye, everybody! I miss you!


The girls rigged up their own trapeze hoop thing like Anne uses in The Greatest Showman. It thrilled my heart.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...