Thursday, August 2, 2018

LILY-ISMS: Summer 2018 edition

Well, it's time, y'all. Lily's vocabulary and speech isn't quite to Claire's level yet (I mean...she's 2), but she's getting started with her own series of funnies. Please enjoy Lily's inaugural collection of quotes!

May 2018
I need heeeelp!

Bump! Help! Bump! Help!
Said after falling and bumping her head.

I nake!
I'm naked!



A baby. I yike yit.
About Brynn: A baby. I like it.

I hiding.
Said when worried about Brynn crying.

I yuv you, too, Mommy.

Hi! Ah Yiyi!
Hi! I'm Lily!
This is said to any and everyone. They never understand her, and Claire or I have to translate. But, goodness, is it said with gusto.



To me as she left a room:
Bye, Kitty!

Singing:
"I am Awana!"
"I am Moana!" WHILE SWINGING FROM A FLOOR LAMP POST IN OUR LIVING ROOM

June 2018
I twapped, Mommy!
In reference to being put in time out

Punnell = Rapunzel

Sure!
Used as a substitute for "yes" at any time "yes" is the appropriate answer. 
Example: 
Me: Lily, does your boo-boo hurt?
Lily: (through tears) Sure!



More again!
More! or Let's do it again!

I twy!
I try
Used in a myriad of situations. 
Example: 
Watching as Jess and Garrett of The Bucketlist Family soar through the sky on a trapeze or bungee jumping off a bridge in New Zealand: I TWY!



I walk you, Mommy.
She grabbed hold of the drawstrings on my shorts and led me around the kitchen. Like a dog.

My baby finger.
Pinkie finger

July 2018
I water dog!
I'm a water dog. 
She heard Brad's parents calling her a water dog while we were swimming.

I dare debble!
I'm a dare devil. 
This is very true, by the way.



I miss my Claire...
Claire rode home from the beach in my dad's truck with my parents and sister, while Lily rode with Brad, Brynn, and me. It was so pitiful.

When the girls are particularly prone to crying and being sensitive, we call it being "fragile." Lily was having one of those afternoons, and Claire kept talking to her/getting on her nerves.
I my fragile, Claire!

Yook! A quackle!
Look! A castle!
This was in reference to seeing the Disney logo at the beginning of a movie.


Lily's face.

Felt unexpected wind on a warm day
Uh oh...what's happening?

I'm not promoting this Meghan Trainor song, but it a few lyrics have become a part of our daily vocabulary. In the song, the singer is answering unwanted questions, as follows:
My name is...NO
My sign is...NO
My number is...NO
A few times a day, Lily decides to follow suit and answer all questions with "no."
While at my in-laws' house, Lily was on a "no" tear at the end of supper, getting progressively more fiesty. Brad jumped in to break the cycle.
Brad: Lily, do you want peach pie for dessert?
Lily: (ceases her no-ing immediately) Yes! Yes, sir, Daddy!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...