Saturday, October 6, 2018

Around here lately: September 2018 edition

Please enjoy this September installment, friends.

Where's that little super hero guy? (Blue devil mascot at the Duke football game) He breaks my heart when he leaves.


Go Duke!

Shaking a shaker is a way of clapping.
At the football game.

She held her shaker over my head, mimicking longer hair.
You have some glorious hair!

This is dead fish that somebody killed.
Commenting on her supper from Captain D's. She wasn't wrong.

Claire: Is Nana sleeping?
Poppy: I think so.
Claire: Well, so far, so good.

Peg is the one who examples me to make a diagram.
Referring to Peg from the kid show "Peg + Cat," which I recommend, by the way. It's a FUN show about MATH.

Aunt Nellie is a little friend we got to see in Alabama.
Aunt Nellie is our 94-year-old great-aunt.


Brynna has a sticker on her head and Claire has something in her mouth. #weclassy

No, this isn't pretend. This is REAL LIFE, Mommy.

Pastor asking the children a question at the front of the church, prior to children's church: Have you ever had to wait for something?
Claire: I did yesterday! My Nana told me I had to wait to watch Superbook.

Mr. Potato Guy = Mr. Potato Head

There's a fork and knife in the road. 
A fork in the road.

Here goes nuffin'!
Turning into the school parking lot on visiting day.

I've been waiting for this day!
Starting back to school

It feels so good to be back!
In the middle seat of Brad's car v. the back row of the van. We had moved her car seat to the back row while we traveled this summer and had just never gotten her moved back...



*Lots of hard-to-follow chatter that I primarily tuned out while driving*
Does that sound reasonable, Mommy?

Brad: Tastes can change as you grow up.
Claire: That sounds reasonable.
Brad: What have I done to you? (referring to her judgement of reasonableness)
Claire: You haven't done anything to me, Daddy!

If my ballet shoes get dirty, you can bathe them.

Looks like she's really getting along with it!
Referring to Brynn and a baby toy.

I miss home so much when I'm gone, and I just have to hug stuff when I get back.
And she does.

Erin: You don't have to talk all the time at school, ok?
Claire: I don't! I just answer when they ask questions!
I'm confident there is more to this answer.

The birthday boy = what she continually called Parker from school, as she could NOT remember his name but knew he'd had a birthday on the 2nd day of school


She really is such a great big sister.

Leo-dard: Leotard

Lily: I need zert!
Brad: What is zert?
Claire: You know what zert is! It's a sugary thing that you get to eat after you eat your supper!

The amaze: a maze in an activity book

That's my heading way!
I'm heading that way.

Is the game about pushing people over?
Referring to football. She's not wrong.

She's just dragging the Thomas tent with her, which is just ridiculous.
Lily was hauling a Thomas the Train pop-up tent around the living room, bumping into everything.

It's foggy, but it shall be sunny later.

Referring to food I made.
Is it better than it looks?


When you run out of space while writing your name and just go ahead and wrap it around.

Jesus and God work together as a little team.

Look, Lily, it's Bom Bom! Mommy, I called it that so it wouldn't break your heart.
Lily used to call Monster's Inc. "Bom Bom," and Claire knew I had been sad when she stopped. So, she thought she'd ease my pain by trying to revive it.

Lily: Dat Jesus.
Claire: No, that's the star of Jesus.
Erin: Actually, that's the sky over the Disney castle...
Intro to a Disney movie...

We have to teach Brynnie everything in the world, and that is NOT going to be easy.

Children love their mommies, especially, because they lived inside of them.

Claire: Is it gone?
*pause*
Erin: Are you talking about Brynn's spit up?
Claire: Yes. I can't watch until it's gone.
#diva

I like it when you sit next to each other. I'm glad you're wife and husband.
To Brad and me when she came down after nap and we were sitting together on the couch.



My feet is just loving you, Mommy.
When I asked why she kept putting her feet on me at the table.

Pretend play with Lily
Claire: Dr. Lily! Do you have a place for us to stay??
Lily: Yeah!
Claire: Oh, thank heaven.
Lily: They're safe here. (referring to the gigantic stuffed bears Claire handed her)

To me
I'm going to the *insert somewhere I can't remember* when I'm a grown-up. You'll still be alive.

Nana is a good finder. She finds fun things for us.

That pretzel fing: a peace sign

The containment center: the entertainment center (which, incidentally, contains a lot of things)

Watching the weather during Hurricane Florence
I'm just really into the weather.



Will you send a message to the Tooth Fairy that I want to keep my teeth when I lose them?
Keep the lost teeth, as well as her money

Claire: Who's this? (a card from the invitation to our friend, Chris's, ordination as a Catholic priest. We keep it as our prayer prompt for him, among our stack of Christmas cards from friends that we pray through at meal times.)
Erin: That's our friend, Mr. Chris. Well, that's his card. The picture is supposed to be of Jesus. Mr. Chris is a priest.
Claire: Oh. Does he work for Jesus?

Sees a VW Beetle
That car is SO handsome!

We're blocked by those traffic.

I'm just doing blueberries on Brynnie's tummy.
Raspberries

Dusty Crophopper number 2!
Planes: Fire and Rescue (Pixar movie)


Claire: What happened to Cad?(character from Planes)
Erin: He got fired. 
Claire: They put him in the fire??
Erin: No, he lost his job... Oh! I get it! No, they did not put him in the forest fire.
Part of the storyline involves a forest fire, and it seems that she was afraid that the shady character was put into the fire because of his bad behavior. Bless her.

You know, it's nice to just chat with you.
To me.

Mommy, I think you have the most special-est kids in North Carolina.

Brynnie just said the sweetest sound!

My tower is going to be MAGNIFICENT!

Sees a picture of a fruit stand that Amiee sent us from her travels.
Oooooh! A vegetable fest!


The Vegetable Fest from Amiee

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...