Thursday, October 11, 2018

Letter to my Baby Brynn: 5 Months

Brynnie,

Well, you did it again. You just burned through another month. YOU HAVE TO SLOW DOWN! I'm loving all of your little days and watching all your little ways. One of my very favorite things about you is your determination to be as happy as you can (for the most part- cars are a different story). Even when you are overwhelmingly tired and can't seem to hold back the tears, you smile as much as you are physically capable of. It's precious and heartbreaking and so very endearing. I definitely have to kiss your sweet little face every time that happens.

You had several big moments this month! Namely, you started really rolling and got yourself semi-stuck under the entertainment center. I left the room for 60 seconds and came back to find you half under the entertainment center, despite having left you in the middle of the room. I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN IF I PUT YOU DOWN. And I was right. I absolutely should have just kept holding you full time...

You also tried your first solid food this month (on October 2)! We were eating some avocado and decided to offer you some. You really liked it! Of course, like most babies, it took you a few tries to figure out how to keep it in your mouth, but you did and enjoyed it. Way to go!

A couple of not-so-fun things happened this month, too, namely Hurricane Florence and your first bee sting. Hurricane Florence hit the Carolina coasts and sent lots of horrible weather across the state. We were very fortunate that we only got heavy rains in our part of Durham, but for about a week, everyone was preparing for the impending storm and worrying about what might happen. It was a rather stressful atmosphere, and the gas stations and grocery stores were very empty, but we had a fun time playing and spending time together while everything around town was cancelled (on the tail end of the hurricane, we had several tornado warnings that were actually much more dramatic than the previous week, but we didn't have much fun with that part). 

On Daddy's birthday, we went to Duke Gardens to hang out with friends and eat cake. While I was helping serve cake, you were stung by a bee. It was awful! You were crying. I was crying...and you tried to be so brave and smile through your tears. I was very proud of you, you brave girl.

Very rarely do you do anything other than happily exist, but you are not a fan of being strapped in your car seat if you are tired or hungry. You often cry on the way home from picking up Claire from school or dance, but outside of that, you don't fuss much at all. I am extremely grateful. Almost everyone who meets you comments that you are just "such a happy baby." They could not be more correct.

I am just so thankful you, my little sunshine girl.
Love,
Mommy

You love spending time with your sisters. Lily is so active, though, that moments like these are fairly rare, but you love them.

Claire does this almost every day.

Claire decorated us with stickers.

Beauty.

This is one of my favorite pictures of all time ever.

"I hold Bryn-nay?"

What's App-ing with Bo

FaceTime-ing with Bo.



The beginnings of your rolling adventures...

While we waited on Hurricane Florence, we built a lot of living room forts. Naturally, your sisters thought you needed one, as well.

SO happy for sister hangs.

Your resting face. The happiest.





Claire loves loves loves playing with you/and dressing you up. It's adorable.

Week 19

Week 20

Week 21

5 Months
My great-aunt Gayle handmade this beautiful dress for you. So special!

Love you, Boo Boo

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...