Thursday, November 8, 2018

Letter to my Baby Brynn: 6 Months

Happy half-birthday, baby Brynnie!

You were just. born. yesterday.

I seriously am in awe of how quickly your sweet little life has already progressed. You are still the SWEETEST thing, and I literally smile every time I see you. How could I not? Your face lights up every time you see me (and anyone, really), as if I'm the best thing that's ever happened to you. It's just my favorite. And the very best.

One of my favorite moments of your life happened this month. I went into my room during one of your naps, kissed your face (while you were sleeping), and you smiled in your sleep! I know it was a reflexive response, but it was just so wonderful. I wish I had it on video...but that would absolutely have ruined the whole sweet experience.

Developmentally, you've done so well! You've added even more foods to your "Foods Tried" list: tomato soup, carrots, banana, avocado, bread, rice. The tricky thing is that you're still having some difficulty figuring out how to keep it in your mouth + swallow. The enthusiasm is there, but the mechanics aren't quite worked out yet. Even though the food thing is still in process, you join us at (on) the supper table every night in the Bumbo (with tray table- like a big girl). 

Hand-eye coordination is coming along, as is your interest in holding toys. Claire and Lily like to try to interest you with all manner of toys, which you love. You're also becoming a more and more proficient roller, getting across the room in a matter of mere moments. You also occasionally get stuck, but you're a real sport about it.

I pulled out the doorway Jenny Jump-up/bouncer a couple weeks ago, and you have been loving it! The biggies really enjoy helping you swing and bounce, and you are just thrilled every time. It also helps you to be a part of whatever is going on in the kitchen and dining room. I'm so happy that you like it so much!

No teeth yet, but your hair is starting to fill in! We're not 100% sure, but it looks like it's strawberry blond. We'll see how it continues. Also, you have found your tongue and stick it out all the time. It is SO FUNNY!

We dressed you up for your very first Halloween this month. I had plans to make you my Brynnie Bunny, but Lily insisted that you were going to be Pascal to her Rapunzel. So, I dressed you as a bunny in the morning and Pascal in the evening. Winners all around!

You make every day brighter and happier just by waking up. We love you so much, Brynna, and could not be more thankful for your life.

Love, 
Mommy


Glamour shot

Eating banana

Mexican for lunch with Poppy

Snuggles with Nana



A rare Lily cuddle

A frequent Claire cuddle


You love baths...but Mommy isn't as awesome at getting you bathed as often as she should.






Stuck!



So skeptical...

That tongue!


Stuck again

Crazy eyes!

My Brynnie Bunny

Flynn Rider, Pascal, and Rapunzel





Your fancy-pants rolling rink.

Week 23

I took so many shots, and I couldn't choose just one.

Week 24

I had a helper with this photo shoot...

Week 25

Doll baby.

6 Months


There is just too much cute!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...