Tuesday, November 13, 2018

LILY-ISMS: October 2018 edition

Claire isn't the only one who has been up to verbal shenanigans. Enjoy!

While playing with Claire
Lily: Claire's trapped! Claire's trapped!
Erin: Go help her!
Lily: NOPE.

My ribbit wants to hop.
Ribbit = frog


Come on! Join us!
Welcoming other parents and siblings to wait with us outside Claire's classroom at pick-up time

I neeeeeeed push buttons!
Referring to wanting to push buttons on my steering wheel while we sat in the (parked) car

I wike your fring!
I like your ring.



Listen to that music on my chin!
Holding headphones up to chin

Mommy, don't go!
Every day at nap time

Wouldn't smile...but gave me this look

Mommy, I so tired.
Not heard often around here, so when she said it, I had to note it.

Wakey: Ukulele


Oh. Ruth fell. Gravity. On Brynnie.
Her stuffed lamb (Ruth from The Star) fell off the coffee table (not onto but) near Brynn. And she's right: gravity did it.

I fell down tent.
I knocked over the tent.


Mommy...is that you?
Upon seeing me walk in her room after nap

Notices Brynn is absent
Where's the other one?

Picks up a piece of roasted sweet potato, cut into a semi-circle
Pirate hat! Pirate hat!



Owl wings! Owl wings!
Two triangles of cheese quesadilla flapping through the air

Sees a picture of Princess Eugenie's wedding dress
Oh...Precious!


I no can reach!

I have them?
Asking about my food- that I was actively eating- that she wanted


Wash cloth: Brynn's burp cloth

Bre-bra: Zebra


I got a great dee-ah!
I've got a great idea!

Besh: Fish


Or-port: Airport

A triangle! YAY!
Climbed onto the couch and snuggled into my leg "triangle" (bent legs while laying down)

I need to love Nana and give her kiss. And I need Poppy.


After she helped me get Brynnie's weekly picture, she wanted to get in on it.

Dance your shoes, Claire!
Kick along to the beat of the song in the car

Chop chop: Chip clip

Trums: crumbs

After I emptied the dishwasher, she wanted her animals to play on the "playground." We did this for a solid hour. Who knew that was possible?

Emeo: oatmeal

My animals going to Kee-ya!
My animals are going to Kenya!

Mommy, wow! Yours room 'mazing!

My Mom always sings "Stand Up! Stand Up for Jesus!" when she helps the girls stand up after diaper changes/clothing changes. Lily's take when she had a request of me:
Pick...me UP...for JESUS! (sung to the proper tune)


Lily was in a very temperamental mood.
Erin: Don't poke the bear, Claire. (referring to Claire somewhat provoking Lily)
Lily: Don't poke me, Claire! I bear! RAWR!

Lily: Numbers on your water bottle want to go somewhere. (Numbers = letters)
Erin: Where do they want to go?
Lily: Costco.

I love my tree friends!
Referring to some trees that she found beautiful


We're boo-boos.
Referring to herself and Brynna. I call them both "boo-boo" or "boo" pretty often.

Erin: Do you like your soup, Lily?
Lily: Yes! Thank you for my soup.
Pause
Lily: Mommy, you say (switches to high-pitch, fake voice) "you're welcome soup, Lily!"

Brad and I hug each other.
Awww...they yike each ovver.
Awww...they like each other.


Lily is truly a delightful little toddler. She is so kind, unbelievably grateful for everything, and seeks to include everyone in everything. Everyone is invited into her group and to be her friend. We pray that this is always her way.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...