Monday, November 12, 2018

Around here lately: October 2018 edition

It may be halfway through the next month, but BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, FOLKS.

This is going to be so fun out of my brain!
Remarking on her excitement in anticipation of the school Halloween parade

Sunny fog
Strong sunbeams coming through the tinted window

If we gave away sisters, that would hurt my feelings.
I have absolutely no idea why this was said.


Aw...I really like when people say nice things to snuggling buddies!

Telling a story
Then along came a girl named Claire, which is me...It's like "The Billy Goats Gruff" but with a Daddy Monster and a sock.

To me
What do you want to play? Want to play tickling? I know you can tickle.

First time in sponge rollers!

In reference to a movie we were streaming that was freezing up
Erin: Sometimes this happens, y'all.
Claire: But it's been happening for hundreds of miles of years.

Could you turn it up just one more inch high?
Volume of music in the van

Fawkes is trying to go to sleep peacefully.
Referring to a stuffed Fawkes the Phoenix in her bed


When I'm bigger, I'll still be a kid, but I'll be a grown-uppish kid.

Claire: I really want a bruvver.
Erin: Um, Claire, I don't think that will happen.
Claire: Well, God is the powerful one, and He can do it if He wants to.

Claire: I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I don't really like vanilla. I don't like it's color.
Erin: What color is best?
Claire: Chocolate!


It hurts my feelings if we have to move away from our house. Can we take everything? Even the containment center?
I'm not entirely sure why she's concerned about this, as we have no immediate plans to move anywhere. And, the "containment center" is our entertainment center, which Brad constructed to look built-in. I'm assuming that's why she's concerned about it.

Claire: When we move out of our house, can we live in an apartment? They are bigger.
Erin: The building is bigger, but apartments are smaller.
Claire: Ok, we can live in just the building, then.

Claire: It's a chef's hat.
Erin: A toque.
Claire: No, it's a CHEF'S HAT.


Claire: Flippy (stuffed fish) is different than me.
Erin: ?
Claire: She is a fish, and I'm not. She has scales, and I don't. I don't have a dorsal fin...we're different.

Evaluating Mom's discarded sandwich bread, a la The Great British Baking Show
Claire: Mmm...buttery. Nice crust. Well done!
Nana: Claire, you sound like Paul! (host on GBBS)
Claire: No, Nana. "Poll." (her interpretation of a British pronunciation of "Paul")

Commenting on a line from Boss Baby
Boring being a grown-up? That is just odd!


Preparing to throw out her old toothbrush and replace with a new one.
Kisses old toothbrush.
We've had a lot of good times together!

Contestant on GBBS injured her finger
Oh NO! Poor Kate!

Reading sentences my mom wrote out for her to practice reading. Reads one that is about me.
I bet you're so excited to be in the notes!


Watching El Macho on Despicable Me 2
Poppy: Why would anyone do that?
Claire: Who can know this mystery?

Daddy, are you tired? Aw...look at him sleep.

After repositioning Brynna's head in her swing
I moved her head like when you're splitting a rectangle into two triangles. So she can see.
She meant "diagonally."

Trying to set up football teams.

Playing with her Melissa and Doug removable sticker scene book
Oh, Mommy, look! It's a volcano on the mountain hillside! Don't worry. It's far from the animals.

Here's a flock of fish. I mean a school. A school is a flock for fish.

*Talking*
Ends with...
...And I just can't live like that, Mommy.
No idea.


Claire: Who do you want to be for Halloween?
Erin: I want to be Mommy with 3 little girls.
Claire: Um...That's just being yourself.

How about we be the quietest of all to set a good example?
At the movie theater, prior to the movie starting, immediately after being told to stop squealing in delight

Huge gasp
THERE'S A FLAG MAN SIGN! I've never seen one in real life before!
Road work signs. She was delighted. I was less than.


I'm building a gi-mantic tower.

Ok, let's make ourselves thin.
The parking lot at Claire's school is very tight. One time, I said, "Think skinny!" as I was navigating. The next day, Claire tried to reiterate my sentiment.

Golf swinger: golf club


When is Target going to show up?
Apparently, I was taking too long to get to Target...

You're my favorite Mommy in the whole world. I could just eat you up!

This is the best trick-or-treat hunt ever!

Lily is, apparently VERY serious about the Red Sox winning the World Series.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...