Wednesday, December 12, 2018

LILY-ISMS: November 2018 edition

Lily is hilarious. I'm not sure if that translates well through these quotes...and that's because her vocal inflection and facial expressions are ESSENTIAL to the presentation.  I wish I could capture that for you. SIGH. I hope you enjoy, nevertheless.

Wearing one of my childhood nightgowns.

I hiding for you.
I'm hiding from you.

Bye, Claire Daddy!

A joint farewell in the mornings.

Mommy, I get another one book.




We're brave, Claire, we're brave.

Trick treat.

Doffin: doc McStuffins




Baby monster: Jack Jack (from The Incredibles)

Tractors in the trees!

Cranes doing roadside work

We're turning backwards.

A U-turn



I helping table feel better. 

Cleaning spilled coffee

Trunkin want to go for ride! 

She sat her cat on a remote control car. And off he went on a ride!

Purprince: footprints

Mommy, I want wake up.

After a raucous time of NOT napping. There was no waking up...only getting up.



Received a green tutu as a gift 

One of my very own!

Don't touch it, Brynnie, just look at it. 

Showing Brynnie a flower.

I Wiwwikers. 

Introducing herself as "Lillikers."
Trumpkin in baby door.

We spent an unholy amount of time searching for her stuffed cat at bedtime. Brad searched the first floor for it. I searched the first floor. Lily kept insisting that Trumpkin was in the kitchen, in the "baby door." FINALLY, I checked the play kitchen...in the small, freezer door. There was the cat: in the "baby" door.


See the baby door? The green bowl is inside it.

Brad: Lily, eat your oatmeal.
Lily: I no can eat my emeo. Trumpkin eating my emeo. 

*Trumpkin's face shoved down in oatmeal bowl*

My animals cozy!

Tucked in blankets for a nap

I go campus with my pack pack.

She put on her back pack (like Brad does) and declared she was headed to campus.

My tummy hurts. I need a bandaid inside my tummy.

Guys, why you talking?




I got my rocket shirt! 

She got a new shirt with a rocket on it and told EVERYONE she encountered. Times 100000000.

Wants to go in room, knocks
Come in! (To herself)

Mommy, we're getting bizzy! 

Dizzy

Open/close light: turn on/off




You 'got Brynnie, Mommy? 

We got in the car to go somewhere that I usually take all 3 girls. Lily didn't know that Brad was home and had agreed to keep Brynn for me. Lily was concerned that I "forgot Brynnie."

Fweeves up!

Push up my sleeves, please!

Leaving the Hinkles' house, where she had been playing
Thank you for coming!

Trunkin is hiding underwaters!




Wound up and threw a plastic corn across the room. I asked what she was doing.

Lily: I throwing soccer ball.
Erin: You mean baseball?
Lily: Um, YEAH!

A text I sent to my family's text thread:

Y'ALL. Lily is watching cartoon Madeline and is SOBBING that Lord Cuckooface sent Genevieve away!



Mommy, boy want baby dog. 

Referring to Lord Cuckooface deciding to adopt a puppy

I superhero!

Backwards bib



Hush puppy: hush puppy OR hash rounds. Multi-meaning term.

Text to family thread:
Stopped at a rest stop in the mountains. I took Claire to the bathroom, Brad stayed at a table with the little girls. He looked at the map on his phone for one minute, and Lily was halfway up the hillside...




That's our best baby ever, Poppy. Hers name Brynna.

Elphie? Elphie-girl, where are you?
Searching for Amiee's cat




A few weeks ago, I realized that Lily was too snotty and cough-y to put in nursery at Bible study. But I had done all the work to get there (in the freezing rain), so we stayed for large group. A friend of mine played quietly with Lily the whole time, and Lily had a ball!

Nana: Would you like to wear one of Bo's dresses?

Claire was wearing one of my childhood dresses for family pictures.
Lily: No thank you, Nana. I have my own.




Once a time a turtle splashed in the water and bljgdruujjhdaduhh. And brush his teeth. And pumped and pumped and pumped... Your turn, Claire!

Lily tells a story.

It's turkey time!

Thanksgiving meal



Norf Kina: North Carolina

Hey Claire, what tis is?

Claire, you have to chew and fwawwow.

Claire, you have to chew and swallow. The rule for being excused from the table.



Claire: I just burped. Excuse me.
Lily: You so silly, Claire!
Claire: That wasn't silly.
Lily: It WAS silly!

This say "SPT Claire and Lily." 

"Reading" words off a throw pillow we have.

Watching Curious George

Man in the yellow hat: We know exactly where that bus is going, so we can catch up with it!
Lily: But HOW??




Mommy, you silly you.

Fall awake.

Wake up

Rainbow lights 

Colored Christmas lights



Dinging bay-ull: a jingle bell

Text to Brad:

[Curious] George just solved a problem, and Lily sang the Peg + Cat problem solved song!

It's so Jewel-y!




Erin: Do you love your sparkle boots?
Lily: No, I just love you.

Mommy. I wan ask you a question.

Might mean a question, might mean a statement, might mean a song. You never know.


Do you see Trumpkin's "bow?" She found a little plastic Halloween bat ring and put it around Trumpkin's ear, and wouldn't you know? It looked like a bow!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...