Monday, April 22, 2019

We took them out to the ball game!

Baseball isn't really my thing, but Brad loves it. Sometimes he rustles up tickets to games, so we can all go and enjoy America's past time. A few weeks ago, we went to a Duke/Wake Forest game being played at our local minor league stadium (did you know Durham has a minor league team? We do- the Durham Bulls! I think they feed into the Rays, but don't quote me), and the girls had a blast. 

It was a low-attendance situation, so we sat right behind home plate, and the girls were just one with the experience. They had suckers from a sweet friend from church (we rarely have candy treats because I'm terrified of Claire getting a cavity and the DRAMA that would ensue + also the crazy that comes from too much sugar. It's a thing.), and they had the BEST time cheering for each player that was up to bat (it did not matter to them whether the guy was playing for Duke or for Wake Forest. Bless it.). They were total girly girls, and it was so very entertaining and made for a fun afternoon.

I can't get my video to upload here, but I have the most hilarious video of the two of them sliding down a stair rail in unison. That's a terrible description, but if you follow me on Instagram (or want to request to follow me: @erin_brassart_boswell), I posted it on my feed. I go back and watch it regularly because I laugh every. single. time. 




A note about her outfit: Duke's colors are blue and black AND she wanted pink like Claire's shirt. Thus the interesting color combo. I didn't just throw random pants on with her top. 



Attempting to explain the game. He's going to have his work cut out for him.



Brynnie enjoyed things for the most part, but she definitely got bored. So we took pictures of ourselves to pass the time.

We had so much fun on a nice day! Duke won, and then we went to celebrate a friend's successful defense of his dissertation right afterward, so all around a fun evening. Go, Duke! (And Brendan!)

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...