Monday, November 9, 2020

August 2020: a recap

August was a surprise of a month for us, for sure (see: Hallie decides to come early). But here, months later, is a recap of our August doings:

I snapped a few more "progress photos." This is not something I did regularly with any of my other pregnancies, but I figured that this is my last one, so I should capture some snippets:

33 weeks

34 weeks

35 weeks
Thought I still had four weeks to go...

We had a big rain one evening, and the girls wanted to go splash around. So out they went.

This is Claire's cost, but Brynn REALLY wishes it was hers.

Much to Lily's frustration, Trumpkin does not have a raincoat. Yet.

We don't actually have boots that properly fit Brynn, but it's fine. We just have a smattering of sizes that we try on the children until we find something that *mostly* fits. Same goes for when it snows.

We had already planned to grill that night, so here's how Brad ended up. My granddaddy used to do this for summer grilling nights, too.

Her raincoat was holding her back.


The aftermath.

We remembered Ukrainian Independence Day with one of our Ukrainian embroidered shirts. I have a couple more, but pregnant me couldn't find them in time.



The girls sleep in a triple bunk (we are all really pleased with this arrangement), and I made Lily a privacy curtain. Of all our girls, Lily needs her space the most. She was THRILLED and loves to use it.

It is occasionally tidier than this.

The girls learned to watch some baseball, too.

Over the summer, we had a babysitter help us in the mornings, as I was so sick and Brad had so much work to do. She was here in the mornings and also came on VERY short notice several times when I was dealing with my kidney stone. The girls were SO SAD when Lydia had to return to college. I was, too. She was a total gem.


There were plenty of squabbles around here, but there were also sweet moments of sisterly affection:







Everybody loves Daddy (always and forever):







Sometimes they love Mommy, too.

I continually found beloved toys in unconventional places:

Uncle Trumpkin

Wearing her tracker as a crown

New ways to offer greetings

Kitty convention

Have turtle, will travel

We had a special night with just Brynnie a couple weeks before Hallie came. The original plan was to have a special date with each girl before Hallie was born, but her early arrival changed that. At least Brynnie got some time.

Watched a movie in Mommy and Daddy's room



And ate breakfast there, too!

And this is the last photo I snapped in August before Hallie arrived. At my routine appointment (at 36 weeks, 6 days on August 27), they did a growth scan and gave me these printouts, wherein she was almost smiling. I took a quick picture and texted Brad and my mom to show them...right before the doctor came in and told me they were moving my c-section up. Which eventually didn't matter, as Hallie changed the plan on all of us.


We had quite an August! Full of ordinary and extraordinary things.  It was my favorite month so far this year.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...