Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Spanish II

Our second day in Spain was very much fun and very much jet-laggy. We were able to sleep late (Brad had to bribe me with Coke to get me out of bed), and then spent several hours at Evangelical Christian Academy, meeting students and talking about Union. ECA is in a little hamlet right outside of Madrid, and we could walk the length of the town in about 15 minutes. It was so cute and quaint, and we loved it. I didn't get any pictures, but that's mostly because it was raining the majority of the time we were there. Bummer.

For dinner, we hung out with the boarding students. It was so fun to listen to them talk about their lives and "homes." We didn't really talk that much about Union, but we had a great time visiting.

Our hosts were a single muchacha who teaches ESL and the daughter of a family who works at the school but are in the States for a few months. She graduated high school several years back and now attends a Spanish music conservatory. They were both a lot of fun to visit with. I would totally be friends with them both in real life.

Today, we arrived in Germany via Switzerland. I'd write more, but Brad and I are dying for some sleep. Preview/teaser: bratwurst.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Need more info! Can't wait for the next blogs and pictures! Please throw in some BFA pictures for me. It will do this alumni good. :)

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...