Saturday, April 13, 2013

Claire's Favorite TV Show

That's right...my 6-week-old has a favorite tv show (besides Downton Abbey. Y'all, don't be silly. Downton is a given. Right, Mols?).

Her favorite tv show that is currently running is...

...wait for it...

The Voice. To be terribly honest, I used to assume that The Voice was a cheesy American Idol rip-off. Silly me. It's similar, sure, but it has a different twist that I really like. To understand a little bit about how it works, read this wiki article. It's really interesting and has me looking forward to the rest of the season.

Anyway, how did Brad and I (who don't even have cable, by the way, and may or may not have spent the past few months working our way through Frasier on Netflix...you know, a series that ended 10 years ago) end up watching The Voice?

A friend of the Brassarts is competing!

What??

It's true. My mom told me that our family friend, Sarah Simmons, was competing on The Voice and that we needed to watch. Well, of course we would. I've been Facebook friends (the true test of friendship) for years because we actually, legitimately know each other. And we have known each other since she was born. Her family lived around the corner from us for years, and we've remained friends with her family through many years and multiple moves around the South/state of Alabama.

Y'all. She. Rocked. It.

In fact, you should check her out on this hulu clip. If you don't want to watch the whole episode, skip to minute 37 to start Sarah's performance.

She's fantastic. I can't wait to watch her throughout the rest of the season. Perhaps you might as well...?

Here's Claire Bear showing her enthusiasm for The Voice. Note her right hand. She learns quickly.


Yay, Sarah! We're so proud of you!

1 comment:

Amanda Bush said...

Ha! Kindred spirits....I recently worked my way through Frasier, too. Are we old? :)

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...