Monday, April 1, 2013

He is Risen!

He is risen indeed! 

(Or, tapping into my Ukrainian roots: Христос воскрес! Воистину Воскрес!)

I completely missed posting anything for Easter (probably because I was actually Easter-ing in my real life). I didn't get to join in with all of the Easter festivities that our church had going on (let me tell ya, this church looooooves Easter! As it should be, of course), but I did get to church yesterday. I really love being a part of a church that observes Lent...because Easter is that much more exciting and celebratory. When you go through a period of fasting and reflecting together, the culmination of that is so much sweeter. 

Also, it was Claire's first time in church, and she was a doll. She seemed to share her daddy's intense love of Easter. Go Claire!

Since I didn't post anything, here's a little rewind to previously posted, Easter-related posts:

Brad's Lenten reflection
Amiee singing back-up on a very Easter-y song (at the bottom of my post about Lent)

Also, here's the Easter Sunday post on our church's blog, written by a friend of ours in our community group.

I hope you all had a joyful celebration yesterday. And that you had nice weather. And that you had good food. :)

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...