Wednesday, May 8, 2013

All over the map.


We have been blessed by so many people. Very blessed throughout our lives but exceptionally so surrounding Claire. Truly, it's a little overwhelming how many people have sent Claire (and us) gifts. So. Much. Kindness.

The other day, I was thinking about all the different locations that my thank you notes have gone to, and it was so cool to think of all the different states that are represented in Claire's gift basket: Alabama and Tennessee and Massachusetts (obviously), South Carolina, North Carolina, Washington (state), Texas, Missouri, Ohio, Florida, Mississippi, Virginia...I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I can recall off the top of my head. How neat is that?

We've gotten a lot of really handy and practical gifts, as well as some really unique and fun ones. Here's a little listy for ya:

Handy and Practical
*Our cloth diapers. We've gotten several as gifts, which has been so nice.
*Several different kinds of gift cards. We've used a few of them to acquire more diapers (among other things). One thoughtful friend sent us a gift card to diapers.com, from which we ordered a cloth diaper and some more disposables (Claire is still just a taddy bit too miniature for her cloth diapers).
*A ring sling that looks something like this (although it's not this exact one). We have a carrier, too (that we got off Craigslist!), but I actually like the sling for while she's this tiny. The carrier kind of swallows her up right now.

Unique and Fun
*A card with cash in it- for Brad and me to use for a meal. This has been a fun blessing from out-of-state friends who can't bring us a meal in person. So sweet.
*Crocheted blankets and clothes.
*Monogrammed clothes, blankets, and burp cloths. You know, to make sure she doesn't lose sight of her Southern roots. :)
*A baby swimsuit!
*An adorable board book about Boston. We read it almost everyday.
*Nursery room spray (you know, to cover up the yucky)
*A handmade Matroshka throw pillow. This is one of my very favorites! In fact, I take Claire's weekly pictures with it. Oh wait...y'all probably didn't even know about her weekly pictures, did you? Nope. Because I haven't posted pictures yet. It's on the to-do list.

I really do plan on posting pictures and whatnot. This is step one of that process. Yay for baby steps, right?

(Also, I did, in fact, notice that no one held me to my commitment to post more. I did it all by myself! Good job, Self.)

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...