Monday, May 20, 2013

My favorite weekend

Back on my very first birthday, my grandmother experienced quite a disappointment. Do NOT misunderstand me: she loooooooved me and thought I was awesome. The disappointment was that I was born on May 11, not May 12. May 12 was not only her birthday, but that year (as well as many May 12ths since then), her birthday and Mother's Day were on the same day. 

I'm guessing that my little tiny baby subconscious wanted my own day. Either way, my birthday is very often very close to Mother's Day, and every few years, it actually falls on Mother's Day. 

This year, my birthday was on Saturday, and Mother's Day was Sunday. Boom. The perfect set-up. I had a weekend that was entirely about me. Yessssssss!

Saturday started with Brad getting up with the baby for her middle-of-the-night feeding. That was awesome. He then made me breakfast, which was followed by the best lunch: Chick-Fil-A! It takes about 45 minutes to get to the closest Chick-Fil-A, so it's not a "let's swing by and pick up dinner" kind of thing. It was glorious. 





The Chick-Fil-A is located in a mall, so we did some strolling while we were there and ended our outing by sharing a slice of cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory. Yum. 

Sunday involved Brad grilling steaks, Skyping with some of my Alabama family, and just hanging out before church. It also involved changing one of the worst diapers of Claire's short little life. Happy Mother's Day to me.

More than a few wonderful people in my life sent me two cards apiece: one for my birthday and one for Mother's Day. How kind is that?

I got some super fun gifts, too:
*Vera Bradley tote and a new diaper bag for Bearsy.
*Duck Dynasty season 2 and this awesome t-shirt.
*A couple lovely checks.
*A Nikon Coolpix 510 in red. Woo hoo! (That was from Brad. It covered my birthday, Mother's Day, and anniversary.)

I loved my weekend and couldn't think of a better way to spend it. Thanks to everyone who made my birthday so much fun!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...