Tuesday, May 7, 2013

There's a real blog post somewhere in my mind. I know there is.

But today is not the day in which I write that post. 

However, I did want to tell y'all about an article written by a former English professor of mine, Gene Fant. He's one of my favorite professors ever, and I really love reading his thoughts and musings. Brad described him as brilliant yet accessible. I think that sums it up nicely.

Anyway, he recently wrote an article about the upcoming film version of The Great Gatsby for First Things. I'm no Gatsby fan, truth be told. It's just not my cup of tea, but I know that lots of people love it. Love it or not, this article is really interesting and insightful. Whether or not you're planning to see the movie, I think you should give it a quick read. 

And, I will post a real post with pictures before the week is over. Someone hold me to that...

2 comments:

Laura said...

Brilliant yet accessible--what a great description of Dr. Fant! And I enjoyed his article, too, particularly the analysis of our social gospels vs the Christian Gospel.

PS- Love your blog & Claire is SOOOO expressive and adorable!

Karen Tidwell said...

Thanks for the link to Dr. Fant's article. I appreciate your "linking" me to some new and interesting blogs. When I saw the movie trailer for Gatsby, I thought to myself that I really must read this before the movie comes out (part of my quest for some cultural literacy). Well, I read the book and I thought, how very sad. I'm not sure I will see the movie. As always, love your blog, love your insights, and love you and your sweet family. Karen Tidwell

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...