Thursday, May 30, 2013

Aunt Rachael visits Bearsy

Dear readers of Mommy's blog,

I just wanted to stop by and visit with you while Mommy is off washing things that I've spit up on or done *other* things to. She's very handy to have around for those sorts of jobs. While she's doing that, I thought I'd tell you about my Aunt Rachael's visit.

Aunt Rachael is my Daddy's sister, and I had not gotten to meet her until last week. She is the same age as my Bo, and they even go to college together. Isn't that cool? Aunt Rachael plays soccer and is very good at it. I practiced my kicks for her. 

She got to come and visit when she finished her exams. Because she did such a good job on those yucky exams, I took her around my Boston and showed her things. Here's a picture of us waiting on the T. (The T is what we locals call the train. Don't want you to be confused.)


We went to lunch at Regina's in the North End. Regina's is a wonderful (but really tiny) pizza place that Mommy and Daddy love to take people to. My Uncle Karl introduced them, and they keep saying that they are "eternally grateful"...I'm not sure what that means. (By the way, I'm not related to Uncle Karl, but we pretend that he's one of my uncles.) After pizza, I took Aunt Rachael to Mike's. It's my show-stopper, that Mike's is. We got some of their famous cannolis, and I think Aunt Rachael fell in love with Boston there. That was my plan the whole time.


We walked down to the harbor, and Mommy changed my diaper on a bench. So embarrassing. But after I was all clean, I took this picture with Aunt Rachael. Can you see the boats? The sun was in my eyes. 


Here I am, being way of the wild and hanging out. I practiced my kicks, and we watched "Duck Dynasty." I had to show her my favorite parts of the show. 


The next day, I took her to Cambridge. We walked around Harvard and saw the ivy. Mommy and Daddy think the ivy-covered wall at an Ivy League school is clever. They're silly, but I humor them and pose anyway. Do you like my chariot?


Here I am, hanging out again. It's what I do best. Also, I want everyone to know that I did NOT spit up on Aunt Rachael. Mommy told me not to, so I didn't.


Don't be fooled by this picture; I was actually sad that she was leaving, but Mommy wanted a good picture of us, so I helped her out. 


That's what I did when Aunt Rachael came to visit. We had so much fun, and I can't wait to see her again! I think my mommy has cleaned up all of the things, so that is my cue to give her more to clean up. I don't think she'd know what to do if there wasn't something to clean. I have to help her out! I'm a good baby.

Love,
Claire Bear


No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...