Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Around here lately: April 2016 edition

She's still going strong, guys. Enjoy!

referring to Lily when I went to get them both up for the morning
I'm taking good care of her! I've been making her laugh a little bit except she was crying a little bit.



referring to the syrup left on her plate after she ate her pancakes
My finger can get it better than my fork. It's helping me drink it all.

I didn't chew on this fingernail, but I think something else chewed it...



I just love to hug my friends. Trosta (her stuffed pillow friend) loves to hug me.

Pin-diquities = iniquity

Lamby (stuffed animal) is going to sit next to you, Mommy, so you can have a friend.



I have an allergy in my froat.

about going to the dentist
If I'm feeling scared and a little bit fragile, I'm going to be brave!

This thing is running down with gas.

Erin:...and the Red Sox won the world series in Boston the year you were born!
Claire: And me, too!

That scared my feelings.



playing peek-a-boo with Lily
Where's Claire? There's me am!

while using a yardstick to pretend to measure me for a roller coaster ride
Nope, you're too tall enough.

Reading her first American Girl catalog.


after dropping Amiee off at the airport, talking to Nana and Poppy
You're staying at my house, but Bo is not. That's kinda sad.

Claire: Do you have to keep studying to be a doctor, Daddy?
Brad: Yes.
Claire: Did Poppy have to keep studying to be a doctor to take care of me?
Brad: Yes, but Poppy is a doctor of medicine, and I'm going to be a doctor of Philosophy.
Claire: Does that mean you're going to be a doctor of pretend medicine?



I'm going to be brave in Poppy's truck because that's my choice. Sometimes I'm a little scared of it, and sometimes I'm not.

Bobby Lobby = Hobby Lobby

Daddy! It's raining! Do something!

Look! It's a snail, Mommy!


The chicken (small toy) disobeys and sneaks into my bed sometimes.

Elphie (Amiee's cat) bited me so gently to say "hi."

at Variety Show, the students gave Amiee flowers at the end
Did Bo win?



My tongue heard that the sausage is not spicy.

referring to the catfish in a pond at Duke Gardens
I was afraid the fish cats (catfish) were going to eat me.

I'm making a frowny face because I'm hungry.

referring to a stuffed dog and semi-quoting Madeline
We'll call this dog Genevieve, noblest dog in France, you shall have your vengi-chance!



Erin: Claire, you're a good sister.
Claire: I am. I know.

in the bath tub
I'm making soup. And cookies, too. I have a ton of stuff to do.

I'm so tired. I can't take another step.

while eating biscuits and gravy
This is my body, broken for you. This is my blood, poured out for you.



Nana, the sparkles on your jacket look like chicken pox.

Hey God, keep us safe while there is too much traffic and too much rain.

Brad: Claire, you're a mess. (meaning you're silly)
Claire: I'm not a mess! I'm a clean girl, Daddy!

sitting quietly in the pew at church
I'm just thanking God for Jesus on the cross.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...