Sunday, May 14, 2017

Lily climbs things.

Lily's a climber, guys.

We never dealt with this issue when Claire was a wee thing, so I guess we were due this time around. Any and every thing can be turned into a climbing obstacle, so I'm constantly following her around, trying to anticipate what in the house might be a death trap (incidentally, I am zero percent productive during Lily's waking hours). Want to know what can be a death trap? ALL THE THINGS. Here are a few examples:


Note that she is standing on the swing. Rocking to and fro.

I set this step stool up to dust on top of the entertainment center. I walked across the room to get my dust cloth and came back to this.


Brad set her down for a second. This happened.


I was cooking, and she was cruising around the kitchen.

I pulled something out of the fridge, closed the door, and saw this.

She started out just playing with her doll.

Pretty sure the doll went overboard so Lily could take her spot.

This is very safe.

She did this while we were doing family prayers.

She gives us this face so we won't get upset with her. It works.

Brad caught this picture right as Lily learned a valuable lesson about how climbing often ends.

Pull ups.


At least it was just the basket...not the actual bookcase (which is anchored to the wall, fyi).

The safest thing she's ever climbed: toilet paper.

Climbed up on the step stool like she owned it.

Auditioning for the circus.

My solution for a safe-ish climbing area.

She mastered it in 2 seconds.

And was SUPER proud of herself.

What? Me? Did I do something?

I'm confident that the Drama of the Climb is far from over, but this is what we've documented thus far. Pray for us, friends. I don't actually want to be on a first-name basis with the ER nurses...

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...