Wednesday, July 11, 2018

A Baby Party!

Trying to catch up on Brynn posts! I'll eventually get caught up...

Does anyone remember when I was pregnant with Lily, and Claire decided that the baby was bringing her a cake? Well, the idea of a baby party became firmly rooted in the ethos of this family, it seems. Ergo, a party for Brynn's homecoming!


We attempted to grab a few shots of Brynn in her Going Home Outfit before we left the hospital. It wasn't the best of the best...




My personal favorite.


We gave up at this point.

Thankfully, we were able to get ourselves discharged before noon on Wednesday morning, which was exactly what I had hoped for. I called my mom on the way out of the hospital parking lot and let the party-throwers know that we were headed their way. Daddy went to pick up Claire early from preschool, and we actually ended up driving into the neighborhood at the same time...so Brad and I took a victory lap, giving Claire time to get in the house and change into her party dress.

Brad got out of the car and opened the door to get Brynn out...only to find her like this with her hat over most of her face! Oops.

Party girls!




The house was decorated, the food was fancified, and the girls were dressed in their sparkliest dresses. Just perfect.

The girls wanted to sing "Happy Birthday" to Brynn at her party.

Flowers my parents sent me at the hospital.

The spread. And yes, I could finally eat ALL of the things on the table! #byediabetes

Lily took this cupcake topper and stuck it on her cracker.

The cake.

First family picture at home

Snuggles with Bo while wearing one of Bo's baby outfits.

Cupcake topper hat fit perfectly, it seems.

Tiny, sweetie baby. Those crocheted booties were made for Claire by my cousin, Courtney, and have been worn by all three girls when their feet were too tiny for anything else.

Nana love.

Annnnd...the after-party. Being the Star Baby is hard.

So many thanks to my parents and sister for making this happen; our big girls had an absolute ball throwing a party for Brynn. It's a great way to come home.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...