Monday, July 30, 2018

Brynna's first Boswell visit + Mother's Day 2018

A little more flashback-ing to Brynna's earliest days. I will eventually get it all done, but Baby No. 3 means so much less time in my day...

Brynn was born on a Monday, we went home on a Wednesday, and Brad's parents, sister, and aunt came into town to meet her on Friday, joining the 5 of us + my parents. Full house! (except at night when the Boswells spent the night at the house of some friends of ours)

With so much fun and family all in once place, the girls just didn't even know what to do with themselves! And then Brad's Aunt Sue gave them a bubble machine. That pushed their excitement over the top and there was no going back. :)

It was also my birthday weekend AND Mother's Day. Yeah. May is always going to be CRAZY for us, it seems.

Full disclosure: I was on a lot of medication and waking up to feed a newborn every 2-3 hours, so I don't actually have very many memories of that particular weekend. But I do have a bunch of pictures! Maybe we can string a story together via pictures...

Hugs and snugs with Gran and Grandpa (taken from my bed, as post-c-section life can be fairly immobile)

Claire's holding the fishy bubble machine here, by the way.

Tiny little thing swimming in her clothes

Visiting with Aunt Sue

Thinking hard.

Hanging with Grandpa

With Gran

Snugs with Ray Ray

Lily loves a good round of dress-up.


Bubble machine in action

Claire's serious bubble-chasing face

I did not get to church for Mother's Day 6 days after major surgery/bringing home a newborn, but I did my best to get pictures of me, my mother-in-law, and my mom* with the girls. My dad and father-in-law also made a few appearances. And Ray Ray. 



Real life.








Lily has SOME FACES

And yes, she's trouble.

Please watch the progression of Lily's faces and poses...


Definitely my favorite.




*We didn't get any pictures of Mom and the girls on Mother's Day proper, but we were able to get several over the next few weeks, since Mom was staying with us.



Lily grabbed a play phone and started snapping "pictures" of Mom, Claire, and Brynn. Look closely, and you can see her blue phone.



We are so thankful for our family and for how much they love us. Thank you, family, for being there for us! And, Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...