Friday, May 10, 2019

Around here lately: April 2019 edition

Claire is just the dearest little soul who says the funniest things. Enjoy!

I wanted my grippy socks. Because they’re so grippy.

We’ll be as good as a penny! Wait…no. We’ll be as good as your husband!

Lily might win the challenge again!
Referring to Lily napping all the way through Claire’s dance class (on the weeks we don’t drive carpool)




He’s a generous tweedle beetle. He’s generous by being so gentle.
1. Tweedle beetles are little creatures in a Dr. Seuss book. 2. We’ve had some Japanese beetles that the girls call “tweedle beetles.”

Lily and I found a tweedle beetle this morning, but we let it go to explore the world.
Erin: You didn’t answer me in a helpful way.
Claire: Mommy. I’m trying to answer you in helpful voices.

Grandpa: Claire: how did you get to be 6 years old?
Claire: Birthdays, Grandpa. They just come.




Oh Mommy! Two shows in a row! You’re so kind! And we know this isn’t how we usually do it.
I let them watch an extra show one day. Claire wanted to make sure I knew that she was EXTREMELY grateful.

Erin: Have we heard Lily yet? (after nap)
Claire: Not a single hear!

Brynna is the happiest baby on top of the world!


She looks so very old here...but she was watching Curious George, so I'm ok.

While reading “Amelia Bedelia”
That’s not what the instructions meant. They speak a different English.

Taster buds = taste buds

It’s just hard to be me on someone else’s birthday. I just want every day to be my birthday.



Erin: Brynnie’s really strong.
Claire: Brynnie must be exercising at night.

Joining Lily (who is potty training) in the bathroom
I’m just going to go and be her poop coach.

Claire: Do you know what’s inside my rain maker? It’s like when we send a lasagna to someone, and we put something over it.
Erin: Plastic wrap?
Claire: Yes! That’s it!!




Hears that we have a tornado warning
Lily, get your shoes!!

Whenever I put my shoes on, I pretend I’m changing my feet’s outfits.

Mommy, our dirty clothes stack is starting to look like the Eiffel Tower.



The bun is a coat for my hot dog!

Hm…Lily looks bad in every picture.
Sunday pictures. She was right; Lily looked pouty and mad in every single picture.

Revaluable = very valuable



I have a calculator in my brain.

Do you know how I’m keeping up with my candy math? I put four into the calculator in my brain. Then I see if there are 3 or 2 or maybe 7.

Skittles are very yummy. But they are especially bad for your teeth.



My farm animals are going to eat the to-mah-toes.

Ray Ray (Brad’s sister) is not lucky. She’s stuck in a boy family with NO SISTERS!
This is an incomprehensible scenario in our family.

We have the allergies attacking us.



According to my research, you can’t boss other people, Mommy.

Moves her animals to a new location
Erin: Oh, are you done playing?
Claire: They’re going to have new adventures on episode 2!

Brynnie’s leaving tracks!
Brynnie’s making tracks




One time, Grandpa and I played a video game on the TV, and I won! But Grandpa won more.

About a bouncy house
Lily would have LOVED that!

Oh, my slack is hot!
Slack = seat belt. Brad often reminds her that she needs some slack when she’s buckling around her booster seat.




Brynna has a crest! Like a carnival!
Her class is doing a unit on birds, so she called Brynn’s cowlick a “crest.” Carnival = cardinal

Oh! A beautiful bracelet! How splendid!

Brynna got me by my snout!



Am I symmetrical?

Discussion about why we wear coats in the winter
So that’s why we have to coat up?

My carrot is putting on her clothes.
Dipping carrot stick in ranch

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...