Monday, May 20, 2019

Lily Goes A-Scampering

Back in January, Lily went on a solo adventure to Tennessee and had a blast with Gran and Grandpa (not even quite sure she missed us at all). At the very end of April, she left for yet another Lily Adventure, this time to Alabama to see Nana and Poppy! Not only did she get to go an adventure, she got to fly on an airplane for the first time! Brad traveled with her, and I stayed home with the littles. Thankfully, he photo-documented for me. (He is a very smart man.)

Saying goodbye

A pack pack almost as big as Lily

Claire was really quite sad to say goodbye to Lily.




Trumpkin made the trip, too. OBVIOUSLY.

We sent this to Lily while she waited at the airport.





Always packing snacks.


Good activity for littles: Water Wow books by Melissa and Doug. We have several and love them.

Trumpkin found her travel spot.

Our Uncle Tim and soon-to-be Aunt Jenna sent a sweet package of Ring Pops, along with the invitation to be flower girls in their wedding. I sent a couple with Brad and Lily to help with ear pressure during take off and landing. Lily really embraced this.



Also...applesauce shenanigans

And then she got to go home with Nana and Poppy!

And Mom snapped this winner!

Mom sent me pictures of their adventures and visits throughout the week, and there were some true gems among them, y'all. 

Celebrating with a Ginger Beer!

And the next morning with chocolate waffles. 


I love this picture. Just look at those humidity-induced curls.

Blue Plate pancakes!

Our dear Mrs. Tidwell

Guys. She was pretending to be Mulan, shimmying up the pole to get the arrow.

Chillin' with the stuffed animals.

Getting to visit Ellie's real animals!

Our girls love Ellie and Mrs. Kristy SO much!


And they have horses!



Phil's Cantina with Auntie Val and Uncle Rod!

And cousins!

Look at Lily's squishy face!!

Also: Auntie Val is my dad's sister, and I have always looked just like her. Those Brassart genes are strong.


She decorated her hash brown because she so fancy.

Our favorite amiga: Senora Romine! And the cat pictures on her phone. Lily loves cats more than almost anything in this world.






 I don't understand what's happening here, but I love it SO MUCH.

Hanging with Poppy.

And new friends!

And please enjoy the following montage of Lily sharing what seems to be A WORD:




I could not love this one more if I tried.


Winnie was a great sport. Bless her sweet, curly-furred self.

Lily had the best time, and returning to real life with Mom and Dad was a harsh reality. Thank you, Nana and Poppy, for such a fun, fun time! She very much intends to do it again one day.

1 comment:

Melmanro said...

I had so much fun with this girl!! I hadn't seen this pictures until this morning and they are precious!!! My favorite Lily comment from that day -
We came across a picture of me when I was in the second grade. First, she was concerned that I didn't have any teeth in the front! Then she said, "I don't like that girl! I want to look at cats!" I laughed so hard. Love her - she reminds me so much of my little Luke!

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...