Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Letter to my Baby Brynn: 1 year

Sweetie baby Brynnie,

You did it! You turned 1 year old! We did it! We kept you alive and healthy! This year has blown past me, and I’m not entirely sure where it went. You have been the perfect edition to our family in so many ways, and I’m so unbelievably grateful that you joined us, despite the challenges that go with having three kids. Because let me tell you: three children is a challenge. I’ve said countless times this year that three kids are a lot for me. (I’ve also said that I’ve discovered I can only parent two kids well at any given time, which is also quite true. I can keep all three ALIVE, but I can’t necessarily do it with any panache.)




Your personality is shining through so brightly. You have so much love and joy to offer, as well as a heaping helping of sass and opinion. I've said it several times now that you are our ginger girl and have the disposition to go with the hair. This shows through any time we want you to do something you don't want to; you will not be talked into it without much duress. You know your own mind and don't mind making it known.




Much like Claire, you are a scooter, not a crawler. Unlike Claire, you don't really scoot in a straight line and frankly, not as efficiently. You kind of scoot sideways, one dominant leg at a time. It has really increased over this past month, which has opened up a new world of exploration to you. Still no pulling up or cruising, but that will come. It always does.




You've been clapping and waving and learning to drink through a straw. You take your baths with the big girls and truly love being in the water (we're at the beach over your birthday, and you've been loving it!). One funny little thing that you do (that I don't think your sisters did) is that you smack your lips when you know you're about to eat. It is so funny, and we laugh every time! And kisses! You've started giving us kisses. It is THE BEST.




Waving to Mommy after giving Daddy kisses





Beaching!

The Jenny Jump-Up is still a favorite of yours (unless you think we're trying to corral you/keep you out of or away from something- then it's your nemesis), and you are so fun to watch while you're in it. You don't really jump; you do more of an acrobatic routine. You spin and twirl and use your feet to propel or stop. It's like a choreographed show sometimes, funny as that sounds.






You still like to sing, and this month has brought a new interest: books. This one confirms we brought the right baby home from the hospital. You will sit for exceedingly long stretches of time (for a baby) just looking through your board books. You know which bins have the books in them, and you pull them out far more than the bins with the baby toys. We love watching you do this! It makes me so excited for when you actually want to read stories together.









The past few weeks have been a little different in that you have been much more clingy to Mommy than usual. You have wanted to be held *almost* full time (held...worn in the Ergo...same thing to you) and have been much fussier than usual. We discovered the reason: you cut TWO teeth! Before your first birthday! This is unprecedented among Boswell girls. What does this aberration mean, Brynna?? Thankfully, we figured out the tooth situation and have been supplying you with frozen teething toys + alligator gel (Wink Naturals soothing gel, but it has an alligator on the tube, so obviously, that's what we call it). And I've been holding and wearing you a lot. You've perfected what I refer to as the "baby monkey koala grip" when I'm holding you. As difficult as it makes things when I'm trying to cook/clean/do laundry, I really love holding you and making you feel less sad.






There are so many things I could say about how wonderful your first year of life has been, but I just do not have the words to do it all justice. We think the absolute world of you and could not be happier to celebrate you! You are the dearest dear, and we love you immensely, Brynnie Baby.

Love you so very much,
Mommy














Week 49

Week 50

Week 51




One Year
Happy birthday, baby!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...