Friday, June 21, 2019

Blast from the past: Our everyday.

I was combing through my drafts folder here on the blog and was a little surprised to find this old post sitting in there (clearly I need to check in on the drafts more often). I must have started writing this around the time that Lily was 1. I think my intention was to record some of the things that we did on a regular basis. A little slice of life, if you will. I didn't get as far as writing actual words, but I did upload pictures, so perhaps I can stretch my memory and reconstruct a little bit of those days now? I'll give it a try.

First, let's all acknowledge how small and cute Claire was! (She's still so cute...just not so small)


We were making a paper chain. I don't know what we were counting down to; we've always made paper chains to help us count down to things we're looking forward to.

Ta da! Lily wears this skirt now.

Chaotic view then...same chaotic view now. It drives me bananas, but I'm well aware that I'll miss it one day.

Brynnie is now wearing this little lambie jammie set. We still play with that doctor kit, as well as the wooden puzzles on the side.

I used to corral Lily in my bath tub while I was getting ready in the mornings. Claire always enjoyed getting in and out, too. Interestingly, I *just* retired this gray sweater from Claire's section of the girls' closet. She's been wearing it for a while!

I haven't made these as much recently, but I used to make these granola bars regularly.

It's funny that I included this picture of them playing in their bedroom; we keep some toys and books in there, but generally speaking, they do most of their playing downstairs. I must have been working upstairs. All three girls share this room now, so there's not a lot of space for playing.

This was the beginning of all the Lily Climbing...

The girls still do this when waiting on Brad to come home.

I know I've posted pictures of this play yard many times. We call is the Baby Containment Unit (BCU), but Claire and I felt so smart when we figured out that we could put Claire in it to build/color/play uninterrupted by a roaming baby sister. Currently, Brynna screams every time she's in it, so we're going to have to work up to it.

In addition to the BCU, Claire figured out how to get space from a baby sister by playing on the landing and closing the baby gate behind her. She and Lily do this together now.

Well that was a fun trip down memory lane! I'm glad I stumbled upon it. I should do an updated one of our current daily life and rhythms. And I should also keep better track of my drafts folder!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...