Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Around here lately: May 2019 edition

I tend to have a lot more individual pictures of Lily and Brynna, rather than Claire currently. I think that's largely due to my taking pictures of the little girls while Claire was at school. The volume of Claire pictures should increase now that school's out. I LOVE HER THE SAME AS THE OTHER TWO, DESPITE THE LACK OF PICTURES.

Does number counting ever end?

Claire: Well, I am going to miss my blanket.
Erin: Yes, it can be hard to say goodbye.
Claire: But there are memories!
Of a blanket...

What a special treat! How marvelous!


The stars are nocturnal.

Barbara: That backpack sounds like a good travel companion for your trip.
Claire: Yep! It's its first time!

Watching the time-to-destination numbers on Google Maps in the van, counting down the hours on the trip to the beach
Is this the last round of the numbers? Because they've been going round and round...

Oh! Master Oogway!

Master Oogway/turtle like the one from Kung Fu Panda

I didn't know they made leaf panties.
A picture of Adam and Eve

I keep seeing my friend, Black Bird. It's a starling!

You know what, Mommy? We can be kind to anyone. Even bad guys. Right?

I better go wash my britches out.
Rinse sand out of her suit in the ocean


I think they'll make a Nemo 3. But who are they going to hide??

Daddy and Brynnie are having the BEST time!
Watching Brad throw Brynn up in the air

I get the spot by the window. It is a place of honor!
In the car

I put that shell on the car to show its brand. It's the Shell brand!


Upon hearing a bird chirp
Wait... is that a "chirrup chirrup cheerily??"

Playing Dots on the back of a kid's menu at a restaurant. Daddy had just taught her how to play and had helped/let her win
Why don't you just play by yourself this time? Maybe you could win!

Playing with condiments on a table at a restaurant
Claire: Well, you're a spicy guy!
Erin: Who's a spicy guy?
Claire: This guy!
Erin: What makes him spicy?
Claire: You told me he's spicy!
Hot sauce


While sitting with Amiee's cat, Elphie
I'm inviting Winnie (the dog) to sit with us so we can have a girl group.

I'm making my special sugar noodles. I only make them at Christmas, Easter, Pentecost, and Mother's Day.

I almost fell asleep in the car, but I kept it under control.
Our children DO NOT sleep in cars. This should give you an idea of how they think about it.


Erin: (jokingly) Did Nana kick you like Lily kept kicking me that night?
Claire: No...Nana and I were fine, but my feet didn't know where they were going and touched her a few times.
After a night in a hotel

Mommy, did you know Blacknall is a very holy place? I think.
Our church

Brynnie was living her life with my sock!
I think she meant "living her best life." And I think she was right, as Brynnie had the best time playing with a sock of Claire's.


I saw a bug on the wall and had to wake Lily up so we could keep an eye on it together.

Thank heaven's sake you found him!

That was SOME party!

Lily mixed brown and yellow, and it made GOLDENROD!
Paint


My tongue is friends with my teeth.

Claire: The wedding isn't for a while.
Bill/Grandpa: I know. What am I going to do?
Claire: You can wait.

Good job, Mommy! You know mostly everything!

My toes are hugging you.


Pointed at something I did
Clever, Mommy!

My block tower has a hat! And the hat has a GADGET!

I LOVE string cheese! It's my favorite cheese in the world!

Debbiled eggs : deviled eggs


It's Lincoln Memorial Day!

Brushing her stuffed cat's fur
Now it feels more like cat fur and not like a sheep.

Flies mostly don't like anything we do. They like peaceful and calmness with their families.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...