Tuesday, October 20, 2020

LILY-ISMS: August 2020 edition

Y'all. Lily is an absolute hoot. I genuinely wish everyone could spend time with her. She is such a delight. A total mess and an absolute delight. Enjoy!

I have to drink my spit a lot.
She means swallowing.

I'm going to draw a picture of the family. I'm drawing myself, and I'm going to draw curly hair, you betcha!

My mom texted me a picture of Amiee's cat, Elphie, to show Lily. My text response:
She loved it! 
She said, "Could you give Nana a text that we love that picture?"

Ear mugs : ear muffs

Erin: Go put away your jammies, please.
Lily: I need you to inside-out them.

Mommy, would you pause the book?
While I was reading to her

Could you bring your smoker in here? I LOVE the smell!
Referring to my diffuser

Is your blood temperature high?
She was doing a mash-up of blood sugar and blood pressure. Incidentally, I was checking my glucose, and it was not high. 

We're going on an expedition that is very mysterious and adventurous. And bad. Trumpkin's 15 puppies have been STOLEN! I mean kittens.

Eeyore's coming over for a play date.

Don't step on my animals. They're chatting.

My setup!


The aforementioned setup

And her naptime setup.

Lamb food : wool dryer balls
I ordered a set of wool dryer balls, and the package came with lambs on the front. She was convinced it was lamb food.

Stabbed my toe : stubbed

It was invisible-ing!
Hiding

It's Trumpkin's anniversary!

Trumpkin's hat- made out of an empty yogurt container.

Erin: Thanks for coming to see me.
Lily: Yeah, I chatted with you!

This is Trumpkin's best book.
The Aristocats

Claire: Kielbasa kielbasa kielbasa!
Lily: Oooh... Say it again!
They were mimicking the part in The Lion King where the hyenas say, "Mufasa Mufasa Mufasa!"

Look! I'm blinking my eyes like the lights!
Our dining room had a flickering bulb, and Lily decided to copy it.

While getting dressed one Sunday morning: 
Lily: I'm going to be SO pretty!
Erin: You will. But you're always pretty!
Lily: But my dress is prettier than the other girls'.

I make ribs naked!
What she says when she cleans the meat off the bone

Lily: It's my poo poo clock!
Erin: Your what??
Lily: You know, where the bird pops out.
Cuckoo. That's what we mean here.
I discovered later that she was trying to say "Pooh coo" clock, which she learned from a Winnie the Pooh movie.

A text I sent to my mom after a chat with the girls (while I was still pregnant):
Also. They were divvying up who was going to be which characters. I'm Pooh Bear because I'm a tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff. Until Hallie comes out. Then I can be Rabbit.

We can't go outside right now. Because it's too blustery. I learned that from Magic School Bus.

Another text to my mom after a chat with Lily:
She's also going to be a soldier when she grows up and save the world. And tell them when it's lunch time because she has a watch.

I'm a great math-er.

Don't worry, Mommy, if I die, it will be ok. And if I don't die, I'll live.

Ruffles : Gospels

Pulls pig magnet off of the play kitchen and announces:
We're having ribs!!

Inside it outside
Turn it right-side out

Erin: Thanks for coming to chat! I like our morning chats.
L: Yep! Every day! Until I'm dead.

Nana's here! Now we can have gum!

I'm just so glad about Hallie!

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...