Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Meeting the rest of the Little Women

We were discharged from the hospital around lunch time and headed home by way of the pharmacy to drop off the the prescriptions for the strong pain meds. I called Barbara on the way home to let her know our ETA, at which point she asked us to slow down our arrival so she could finish getting the girls dressed and photo-ready. I love her for that.

We sat in the parking lot of the church across the street for a few extra minutes while they finished up...and while we were waiting 5 of our neighbors started congregating right in front of our parking spot (they weren't waiting on us; they all just kind of happened to converge there while chatting with the new neighbors that had just moved in next door to us). I definitely wasn't super excited about needing to chat with half of the neighborhood (and meeting the new folks) right at that moment. Thankfully, Brad did the chatting part while holding the baby, and I stepped inside without having to do more than wave.

The girls were happy to see me, but they were beside themselves with excitement over meeting Hallie. I knew that I wanted some video AND photos, so I prepped them to cooperate as much as possible while we waited on Brad. They did a good job! They had decorated the living room with potholder loops and hair bows, and it was ADORABLE. 

Also ADORABLE? Watching them meet Hallie. I could have died at how precious it was. Lily even offered to share Trumpkin with Hallie. If that's not true love, I don't know what is.

The covering their mouths in awe just gets me.




First photo of the five Boswell women




Note Trumpkin again

Sharing a car







Brynn held Hallie right before Barbara did, and when we gave Hallie to Barbara to hold, Brynn went and stood next to her and said, "Give it back."



Claire's face is priceless here.



The girls were absolutely thrilled to meet Hallie. They argued over who got to hold her next and were (and are) generally SO TAKEN with their baby sister. Their excitement about her has been even better than I could have hoped for. Love these little women of ours.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...