Monday, June 27, 2011

Ricky, Lucy...Brad, Erin

Up until yesterday, Brad and I were channeling our inner Ricky and Lucy. Coming into our marriage, we didn't have a bed made for two people. When I moved in with MEV last fall, my great-aunt and uncle allowed me to use a lot of their excess furniture. So, I brought two twin beds: one for my room and one for our "guest room." Ergo, when Brad and I came back from getting married...we had two twin beds to sleep in.

Go ahead...laugh. It was pretty funny. Actually, it was over-the-top comical. Here's a visual for you:

It looked somewhat ridiculous when it was made up, but...

...it was WAY more ridiculous this way. Also, what you can't see it that my side (black sheets) has a mattress topper that had me sleeping about 2-3 inches higher than Brad.

It really was ridiculous. Unfortunately, it also gave me the false impression that I would have plenty of moving room for ever and always. Sigh...that part is not true. (I still love Brad, though. I just kind of miss my wiggle room.)

Fortunate turn of events: we went to Alabama this weekend to get some furniture for our house, which included (drum roll, please) a REGULAR BED! It's even queen size. Victory! Here's what our room looks like now:

Yea! A real bed. I'm so excited.

We were blessed with a lot of other furniture for our house, which we've been arranging and fitting into our house for the past 24 hours. If I'm really good, I'll be able to put up some more pictures for you soon, Mom.

Also, I have a kitchen disaster story to share. It might take me a few days to work up the courage; my pride was severely wounded, and I'm mad at the kitchen currently. We'll see if I can be the bigger person.

1 comment:

Amiee said...

I miss the old bed! :)

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...