Sunday, October 23, 2011

Along came a spider

Yesterday, I dropped Brad off to pick up a rental car to use this week as he travels for college fairs. As I was driving away from Enterprise and thinking about my upcoming trip to Sam's, I felt a little tickle on my arm. For a split second, I considered just flicking at it, but for some reason, I decided to look.

Good thing I did! I large (ok, quarter-sized), yellow-y/green-y/brown-y colored SPIDER was crawling up the back of my arm!!

HOW?? I have no idea how it got there.

I'm not usually a OMG-A-SPIDER!AGHHH! kind of girl...unless it's crawling on me. I don't handle that well. I started yelling (alone in my car, mind you) and swerving a little (thankfully, I was just on an access road.) and pulled into a nearby parking lot. Little Spider was doing some kind of weird push-up type exercise on my arm. WHY? I grabbed a pad of paper and rolled down the window, planning to flick if off.

I flicked, and it did nothing.

I flicked again, still accomplishing nothing. I sort of panicked, wondering if spiders are vindictive creatures. I could imagine him going, "Muahahaha, you tried to get rid of me; watch me bite off your arm now, Missy!"

With this image in mind, I scraped the pad down the back of my arm, and FINALLY got him off. I shivered and shuddered for the rest of the day. I feel fairly traumatized.

And, on an unrelated note, how great is Sam's? Brad and I didn't even fix a real lunch; we just ate all of the free samples and felt happy and full.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...