Thursday, October 20, 2011

Moments from Today

In class this morning, having an isolated discussion about Jesus' baptism:
"So, did God say 'This is my Son,' or was it that bird who said it?"
By "that bird," I'm assuming he meant the form of a dove that the Holy Spirit took, and I have a hard time envisioning the Holy Spirit speaking, beak rattling off words...

After I shoved a sugar cookie at him, Weston said:
"I feel like the Boswells are always supplying me with food."
Maybe so. Two Sundays in a row, he ate lunch at our house. There was cake each time. Perhaps we're actually his sugar providers.

During the writing lab that I facilitate for some international students:
"What if I write about prostitution?"
Um...like, the legalization of prostitution? I bet Union professors don't see that very often.

While having our weekly English conversation visit with our Iranian friends and playing "Apples to Apples":
"I am your wife! Pick my card!"
Ha! Apparently, that's an international sentiment.

Colorful characters in my life. So colorful.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...