Monday, October 10, 2011

The Fall of the House of Boswell.

That's a dramatic title...but it seems ever so slightly appropriate. We've had a lot of mishaps in our house this week. The sink/cabinet/flooding issue was the biggest, but there have been a few other crazies.


One side of our closet shelving unit collapsed. Thankfully, it was while I was not at home. I'm fairly certain I would have...what's the word?...freaked OUT if I'd been here to hear it! I went into the closet after work on Friday to put something away, and lo and behold: half of our wardrobe was on the floor, trapped by a shelf, and covered in drywall. That's right- the shelf ripped out the screws holding it to the wall and pulled out some drywall. Oi. Thankfully, Landlord came and fixed it on Saturday. I still haven't put everything back on the bar yet. Call me cautious.


Remember the sink/flooding fiasco? The same day that all of that went down, something weird and bizarre happened. Mom, Dad, and I had started tackling the kitchen when Brad called from the road and needed some information off his computer. While I was pulling that up for him, I checked my work email, just for fun. This is what I found:


My son found a check that you wrote out to for October's rent. It was on our street over by the Hospital. I looked your name up on the internet and found you at Union. I don't know what you want me to do with it. You can e-mail me back or call me.


What?? I called Landlord back (approximately 10 minutes after calling him about the flooding) and filled him in. His response was, "I knew I hadn't cashed that check. I'll call her back." Crazy.


Crazier still was when I found out that the woman who found our check teaches the daughter of my co-worker. She saw the two of us in a picture together when she Googled me and found me at Union.


Ca-razy.


To continue the Fall of the House of Boswell, this past Sunday, one of the beams of the railing on our backporch collapsed. We're falling apart around here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...