Monday, October 17, 2011

Kat!

Union just had Fall Break, and for the second year in a row, I journeyed to St. Louis to visit Kat! In a turn of awesomeness, Fall Break fell over Kat's birthday weekend for the second year in a row. Since we currently live in relatively "near" proximity, I trotted on over to celebrate with her.

For those of you who don't know Kat (or haven't read about her here), she one of my very best friends and favorite people. Two years ago, she visited me in Ukraine, and we had several magnificent adventures, like this, this, this, this, annnnnnd this. We've been friends since our first semester of college, and I love her dearly.

I drove to St. Louis on Thursday, and we spent around 10ish hours just talking. Kat made a crafty project to celebrate the onset of fall (I watched. I'm so helpful. I also snacked while watching.) and also a soup from a recipe she found on Pinterest (***I finally broke down and got a Pinterest account. That may have been a BAD idea...). It was delightful.

Saturday was spent primarily creating our second annual birthday celebrate site. Last year, Kat and I plus her besties, Kayla and Krista, built a fort (a la sheet forts of yore) and slept in it the whole weekend. SO. MUCH. FUN. This year, we upgraded it (unfortunately, I forgot my camera...I'm so sorry...). We engineered it to hang from the ceiling, which allowed for us to stand up. We were able to fit two twin mattresses and a queen size mattress inside. We are very good at fort-building.

Perhaps my favorite part was the banner that we made. It was a flag/pendant banner made out of felt. Kat drew letters BACKWARDS (so that when I cut them out, the marker lines would be on the back. She's awesome. No, really.), and I cut them out. We made a FANTASTIC banner with the name of our fort : Room of Requirement. Mock us all you want; we slept so much better in there because of the very appropriate name.

Brad, Krista, and Krista's husband, Tony, joined us for the rest of the weekend (and we ALL slept in the fort!), and a tremendous time was had by all. I'm sorry you weren't there for the fun. And barbecue. And chicken curry. And ridiculous amount of laughter.

Our fort next year will be even more awesome. And, I'll take pictures. Happy birthday, Kat!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Aw thanks! And I'm so glad you got a pinterest account. It's so great! And I am happy to tell you, the banner still stands ;)

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...