Friday, December 14, 2012

The Knight in Shiny Earrings

I obviously didn't have a great title for this one... I was definitely reaching.

I've discovered that the majority of the pieces in my maternity wardrobe are of the black/white/gray/red/camel color variety. Surprisingly, I haven't really tired of much of it (minus the two pairs of pants that I rotate between). So, engineering what characters I can pull off is limited to what character boards I can find that fit into that color palate. I realize that makes it a little less interesting, but I've got to work with what I have, right?

I found this board just recently and realized how easily I could pull it off. I wore it to the hospital today for my rhogam injection (incidentally, we were gone from home for 3 hours for this little injection. Oi. Upside: the nurse that administered it reminded us of our friend's mom, which was fun.). Unfortunately, it was just Brad and me that could appreciate my effort.

Here goes:



I know; it's not terribly ornate, but come on...I'm a little limited. And, my internal temperature is ridiculously high these days, restricting the clothing I can wear. 

Here's my goal:



Prince Phillip. The dragon-slayer.

Character: Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty

Outfit:
*Black cami (maternity) from Old Navy this year.
*Sweater was a hand-me-down from my great-grandmother. I'm going vintage, y'all.
*Shiny earrings ("iron-clad"...much like a sword that would be wielded by a dashing prince. That works, right?)

Disneybound inspiration board:



I think I got pretty close. Boring, though it may be. :) Just a few more weeks to go with this year's challenge. Maybe- just maybe- we'll have another year's worth of challenge up our sleeves. We'll just have to see.

Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...