Friday, December 7, 2012

The Witch Doctor Challenge

I'm once again venturing into the realm of Challenge 2012: Maternity Edition. I put this outfit together the other night before going to our neighborhood group from church, but I actually ended up tweaking it a bit before leaving the house. The outfit in the picture made me look rounder than I really wanted to, so I changed a few things and ended up looking more my actual size. Vanity...I know. I just didn't want to look last stages pregnant when I'm only 6 months (I realize that's hyperbole). I'm awful.



My character this week was:



Rafiki. I sort of accidentally ended up with a Lion King theme running through the last few outfits. Apparently they work best for maternity outfits? 

Character: Rafiki from The Lion King

Outfit:
*White cami from Old Navy (maternity).
*Gray sweater from Belk (maternity).
*Gold belt from NY & Co. 2010.
*Red earrings from Ukraine 2009.
*African beaded necklace gift from parents after trip to Rwanda a couple years ago.

Disneybound inspiration board:


So far, so good on the maternity challenge pictures. I only have to come up with a few more. I'm feeling confident. Just out of curiosity...any of you that have seen all of the challenge outfits this year, any favorites? Amiee and I are getting a tad bit nostalgic now that we're nearing the end, and I was wondering if our favorites are similar to yours. By the way, Amiee's going to play catch-up on updating her blog...once she finishes finals. Go, Amiee! Ace those tests!

Images from here and here.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...