Friday, August 2, 2013

Family time.

I need to be up front and admit my shortcoming in not taking pictures of Brassarts/McPhersons/Warren/Goulets. I am such a bad family member. My mom got a few, but I wasn't on my game. My sincerest apologies to my family. 

My mom scheduled get-togethers with all of my Alabama family (as opposed to my/Brad's Tennessee family), which was great. We got to see almost all of my family and a LOT of friends. Bearsy met her two maternal great-grandparents, two great-aunts, two great-uncles, and quite a few cousins. So much fun to introduce her to my people! Claire was such a great little social bear. She LOVED meeting family and new friends (Thanks to my home church, she met gobs and gobs of friends! Gobs, I tell you.). 

My Granddaddy. Her Great-Granddaddy.

Some dear Huntsville friends, Mrs. Tidwell and Mrs. Berry (who became a Nana herself the week after this picture was taken!)


 These two ladies, Mrs. Wendy and Mrs. Angel, have been rockin' it at my dad's office for years. They are very beloved by the Brassarts.

Our close friend, Kyleigh, came from Tennessee to see Bearsy. They were buddies from the first moment.


In addition to our Alabama family, we spent a day traveling to Chattanooga to visit our Boswell/Tennessee family for a few hours. A Brassart family favorite is The Acropolis, which is a wooooonderful Greek restaurant. Bearsy turned on her charm for her family and seemed to enjoy meeting everyone as much as they enjoyed meeting her. Out of the Tennessee clan, she met her two paternal great-grandparents, two great-aunts, and a great-uncle (she already knew Gran and Grandpa, of course, and missed seeing Aunt Rachael.). She was a little doll baby during lunch and even took a nap in Grandpa's lap- sitting right straight up. Bless. Uncle J.D. had us all in stitches by playing in the mirror with her, getting her to make the most hilarious faces. I should have videoed, but I was laughing too much.

With Mamaw and Papaw.

Chatting with the great-grandparents.

This is a fun shot because this represents two members of Mamaw's "Elizabeth Club." There are many women on Brad's side of the family with Elizabeth as their middle name. It's mine and Claire's, too.

So, technically, Papaw is holding her in this shot, but right before this, Uncle J.D. (to Papaw's right) was the instigator.

I love this shot: Brad called during lunch, and Barbara (my mother-in-law) held the phone up to Claire for Brad to talk to her. She got SO excited! It was presh.

Thanks so much to all of our family and friends that made the effort to visit with us. We enjoyed it so much and are really grateful for the opportunity! We're also so thankful for all of the sweet gifts for the bear. She's already worn many of them...and has christened some of them. Oi.

Gratuitous shot with Poppy. Just reading the paper.

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...