Monday, August 26, 2013

What we've been up to.

I had great intentions of blogging well last week, but...

We were actually at Cape Cod! Technically, we had internet at our hotel, but in actuality, it didn't work very well. The upside to this situation is that I have some good blogs in the making for this week.

Brad's parents came and made this whole quintessential New England vacation happen. Thanks so much, Gran and Grandpa! Claire has been so blessed this summer with opportunities to see her extended family, and we are so grateful.

I don't know how many of y'all will ever be planning a Cape Cod adventure, but just in case you do, I thought I'd include things that we found helpful to know (some of which were definitely a hindsight kind of helpful).

This was the first vacation of my life where I did the chunk of the research and planning, which was overwhelming but also really fun and informative (I rather like research. Mock me, if you must.). I did sort of crack myself up when we actually got there: we kept passing restaurants and places of interest, and I would point and say things like, "Oh yeah...that was on the Top 10 list for putt putt places and that one was rated highly for breakfasts. Hm...didn't read anything about that place. It must not be very good, y'all." Oh yes...I was delightful to have in the car.

I spent many an hour reading about places of interest, restaurants, deals, and everyone's take on everything. The more research I did, the more I realized that I had apparently created a Cape Cod in my head that doesn't actually exist. I'm not sure when I sat and thought about Cape Cod, but as I learned more about it, I found myself thinking, "Huh...that's not what I thought it was."

Anyway, I'll break it down for y'all over the next few days. Unless, of course, I continue having days like today where basically nothing gets done. Oi.


No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...