Sunday, January 20, 2019

Around here lately: December 2018 edition

I'm sure there were many more quotables, but we were super sick in December, and I wasn't on my game. Many apologies for any gems that got lost along the way!


Trying to remember the word for when Eloise gets kidnapped
Girl-nabbed

Trying to remember Eloise's name when we started the movie

Eleazer

The Activity scene: the Nativity scene




Gran, will you drop me off and pick me up from dance? You can go on another adventure!

School told us it might snow tomorrow because of the scientists (meteorologists).

The Jesus story Bible book 
The Jesus Storybook Bible



Ugh...this was mere hours before a vicious stomach virus took. me. down. Look closely: you can see it in my eyes. 

My tongue directs the food where to go. But it has to pay before it can go down!

Now my tongue is saying, "enjoy the ride, food!" Because it's a ride down to my tummy.

He's a little bit silly and a little bit mean. 
One of the Wet Bandits on Home Alone



He's ok mommy. He just has a hole in his head. 
One of the Wet Bandits on Home Alone

Oh, I forgot to tell you: Lily no longer calls me Claire. She calls me Claire Bear.

We have to get coated up! 
To play in snow




I am so sorry that this is taking so long, but Lily isn't feeling well today, and I have to do all of this work by myself!
Playing pretend restaurant

To Gran/Barbara at Rachael's graduation
I'm so proud of your kids!

I was going to take my shoes off, but it's too brisk!




The chicken spots : the chicken pox

Lily: Can I have a drink of yours water bottle, Mommy? (It was actually Coke)
Claire: Oh no, Lily. I don't think that would taste good, and I think it has caffeine. Kids canNOT have caffeine!

They're singing the song from The Star!
O Holy Night




Mommy, it hurts cats' feelings when you banish them.
After Amiee's cat, Elphie, bit my nose and I gave her the boot.

Poppy: <My dad mentioned someone's name> is one of the sweetest girls in the world.
Claire: We're sweeter.

Our hair is the same height!
Length



Claire: I think Elphie is getting her sponge ready for her bath.
Erin: Her sponge?
Claire: Her paw!

Erin: Who are you going to marry, Claire?
Claire: Someone who is beautiful.
Erin: What do we call men who are beautiful? (meaning "handsome")
Claire: Husbands!

I gave Bingley a flying kiss!
Blew a kiss




I want to have a snack but my tummy keeps fighting me.
During all the stomach virus-ing at Christmas

Lily, that's not your cup. It's the Alabama Boswell girls' cup.

The light show's over. You won't believe how good it was!
Referencing a flashlight show put on by Lily and herself




Hissed back at Gracey, my parents' cat
She started it, Mommy!

Robey is really going to miss you. He's going to have a lot of night parties.
What she thinks Robey (cat) does when boarding while my parents go out of town

You could go on a Mommy-Daddy date. How nice!




The cough drop went down my throat without even getting small!
Whole

Erin: It's Guess Who! (the game)
Claire: G
uess who what??

That was so good I just had to fall down!
After watching Toy Story 2

Mommy, would you write me a script that says:
Dear Auntie Val and Uncle Rod, thank you for my presents. I'm sorry we couldn't have Christmas. We were all sick.



No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...