Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Letter to my Baby Brynn: 10 Months

Dear Brynnie,

Another month has SPED by me. My first instinct is to be sad about your babyhood rushing past so quickly, and at the same time, you are so delightful with each new phase that I can't *quite* be sad about that.



Your personality is shining through more and more each day, and you are FUN. You love to be a part of whatever is going on (you fit right in with this crew) and let us know (loudly) when you feel left out and want us to fix it. It's so fun to see your tiny little self looking so disgruntled and making a pouty face when you're frustrated. By the way: this will not be cute or fun if you try to do it regularly as a teenager. Let's not try that out.




A favorite little habit of yours (and mine of yours): you rub the ears of your lamby Wubbanub as you're going to sleep. It's the most precious thing.



One of your regular refrains while in your crib (to let us know you're done with sleep or are putting off sleep) is to raise both legs up in the air and whack them down, over and over. I can literally hear you doing it from the kitchen (when you're upstairs). You also let me know about small things you want repeated, like back pats. If I pat your back for a while and then stop, you kind of wiggle your back while leaning into my hand to let me know I should continue. Or if Daddy blows on your face, you try to blow back into his face to keep the fun going. While you aren't speaking yet, you communicate effectively.



Actually, speaking of speaking, you have started saying a few things! You say "mama" when you mean me...as well as food in general. But at least you know what to call me. We'll work on sorting out other food eventually. You are also becoming more consistent in calling Daddy "dadada." Those are the only fairly consistent things, although you babble and make sounds all the time. You also "sing." And mimic (in a very high-pitched voice) what other people sing. It's so funny! I'm not worried about your verbal development (again, you fit right in with this crew). 




You're experimenting with waving and clapping and are oh so proud of yourself when you accomplish either. One of your favorite new physical developments is shaking your head. Not as an answer to anything but just because you can. Or you like the way it discombobulates you? Not quite sure, but it's very funny. And you know it's funny.





Still no crawling or walking, but you have started scooting some. Not in the same aggressive way that Claire did but enough to move from one toy to another. You're still currently in a phase where you topple over periodically and get VERY frustrated, but you are starting to figure out self-propelled movement on some level. (Note: I'm not eager for you to be super mobile, but it is always good to have reassurance that everything is progressing as it should. Thanks for that.)




We wish you weren't such an early riser, but we love all the time we have with you each day. You can light up a room with your enormous smile, and you are always waiting to be delighted by the goings-on around you. You're a spicy little firecracker who is also full of sugar and love. 

Love you to pieces,
Mommy 

*I couldn't pick just one picture, and this is my letter, so I'm including the ones I liked best. 



Week 40

Week 41



 Week 42



10 Months

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...