Sunday, March 17, 2019

Around here lately: February 2019 edition

February's Claire quotes. Always a good time.

One day, I'll have to grow up. But, I'll still be cute.

Where's my grown-up friend, Miss Lydia?

Claire: Lily, let's go to...Um, Mommy? Where is Paddington from?
Erin: Peru.
Claire: To PERUUUU!



Claire: What does the toothpaste say?
Erin: Cavity Protection.
Claire: So, it has shooters that keep the cavities away?

Daddy, when Lily told me she pooped in the potty, I was AMAZED!

Oh, look. It's a stratus cloud.

At the end of Cars 2, when the gang from Radiator Springs show up and help Mater by using their talents
I didn't know they all had powers!



When trying to say the name of our street (Culpepper)
Culpeppermint Court

Referring to a very tired and fragile Lily
That child needs to go to bed!

Lily is being "my name is, my number is."
Last summer, whenever Lily was being very "two" and just said "no" to everything, we joked that she was taking her cue from Meghan Trainor's song "No."



Lily was refusing to use the potty. 
Why would you break my heart like that, Lily?

That's what we call the Skyscraper Soccer Ball Test.
Tossing the ball as high as she can in the air.

Erin: They're stick-on tattoos.
Claire: Ohhhh...what are tat-tutus?





Mommy, Jesus is on everybody's side!

Erin: What am I sitting on?
ambiguous items in between cracks on couch
Claire: Hop up and let me take a peek!

I was thinking that.
Her new, regular response to just about any answer you give her. It's a little know-it-all but also a little endearing.



Referring to her snack cup
Filled to the top. I love it when that happens!

My chip is going for a swim.
She lost it a little in a bowl of salsa.

Me and Lily are having a little chippy snack.



Don't be scared, Lily. Jesus is our friend! Remember my poem from church: I am with you always.

That's my brave girl face! That's my sister-boo!
Encouraging Lily to be brave.

A lot of gas has left my body!
She greeted me with that when I picked her up from school, and I was SO CONFUSED. After a lot of questioning, I finally figured out that in their nutrition study, they had talked about how food is fuel (gasOLINE). She was trying to tell me that she was hungry because her fuel was low.



This is a garden of wonder and magic.

I'm mostly full, but I have a hole shaped like a cupcake in my tummy.

Can I keep playing this game five or two more minutes?

What if the electricity falls out?
Goes out



To the pediatrician when we took Lily in for a flu test
Lily is SO SICK. She didn't even eat SUPPER. It was breakfast for supper, and she usually LOVES it!

In my mouth, I'm going on an ice hunt.
Crunching ice pieces in her mouth

My pants are fighting me to stay on.

Erin: You look beautiful!
Claire: Indeed, I do!



Erin: Is your nose runny?
Claire: Just a little bit. Maybe I have two germs or one germ.

She accidentally budged the leg out from under the leaf in our dining table.
Claire: What's wrong with this table?
Erin: Well, it's not attached.
Claire: It should be glued down! I need to know these things!

Erin: What are you thinking about?
Claire: I'm just trying to decide when my teeth are going to fall out.

Her flower garden

A stop sign

No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...