Sunday, March 31, 2019

Around here lately: March 2019 edition

The words keep on coming...

You need to eat the bun, Lily. Pigs in a blanket need a blanket, and this is the blanket!

Your ash looks good on you, Mommy.
Ashes on my forehead after the Ash Wednesday service

Not ash...but a friendly butterfly


Ouch! I scratched myself. My nails are really good at that.

Everyday, I'm forgetting I'm six. It is hard to get used to being six.


The weigh-er says I'm 4-48 points!
weigh-er: scale
4-48: 44.8
points: pounds

I'm feeling better. Daddy said the Craisins would make me feel better. How did he know??
He knew because he knows her well enough to identify hanger when he sees it...


Erin: I'm sorry, Claire. I don't have a candle for your cupcake.
Claire: That's ok! I'll pretend to blow one out!

We can't do that. It would make a big mess, and we would be late for school!
To Lily's suggestion of a play activity
#hermionegranger


Brynn likes the bumpy part of my coat!
The zipper track

Daddy said when we're older- like 8 or 13- we can have some!

Olive wah!
Au revoir


Reading Madeline and trying out French phrases

There are a lot more girls than boys in this family. But he is a mighty man. He's the strongest in the family.
Referring to Brad



We were playing Eye Spy, and a grown-up friend won.
She couldn't remember the name of someone at a dinner we went to who very kindly played with her.

Me and the backpack are a team.

It is a cough-y winter.

We are MILES away from home!

Organizing her cars for a rally. She later asked Brad to give a speech for the cars.

Giving each of her trains a spot of their own

I'm going to turn my imagination up!
Turns imaginary knob on the side of her head

Zero-th
Third...second...first...zero-th

To Rachael, about this picture
Ray Ray, do you want to take a picture of us?
*Rachael snaps picture*
Do you want to send it to Mommy now?

She was quite right...I did want this picture!

My tongue has been looking all over the place for salt in these grits.
Her way of letting me know she needed more salt...

I was scolding Lily for disobeying, threatening to make her stop playing at the baseball field and sit in time out.
Claire (interjecting): There's also a perfect time out spot in that seat.
Erin: Um, do YOU need a time out?
Claire: I'm just pointing out there are a lot of seats to choose from...

I don't want to make the other team sad, so I'm just going to cheer for everyone, ok?


It's the poisonous!
Ant traps

"Out" then "let"...hook them together, and you get "outlet!"

I was explaining the definition of "legendary."
She thought it over for a moment.
Well, you're legendary, Mommy.





This leg is very hurting.

Referring to her growing pains
After this pain is done, I'll stop growing.

Look at that fancy car! It has a nose!
Referring to the hood ornament on a Mercedes at Costco

I'm eating this pizza like I own it!

We're going to be good as a penny!


No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...