Tuesday, September 24, 2019

LILY-ISMS: July 2019 edition

Lily is a mess and a half. Three is a roller coaster, but Lily is still a delight. 


Claire: Lily went through the blinds! Twice!
What this means: Lily climbed behind a bookcase in their room, got on the windowsill, and walked between the blinds and the window glass. What in the world?

Oh, that's so BAD and SAD!

Blumps : bumps and lumps

Claire: I'm going to miss Hondy. (our CR-V when it was at AAA overnight)
Lily: But hers going to have a sleepover with hers friends!




Erin: Why are you crying?
Lily: Because there's some hurt on me.

I'm going to lay on your 'testines!
After Brad told Claire not to put an elbow in his intestines.

He do. And he does.

It's broken water : breaking waves at the beach

Why did Papaw not like canteloupe? It's DELICIOUS!



HeyDaddy! Did you hear the good news??
Don't know what the news was, but she was an enthusiastic herald.

Brad: Was Brynn's diaper a poop?
Claire: Yes, I saw it. It was the tiniest two poops.
Lily: I ever seen.

Brad switched music from a Gregorian chant to something else.
No! I like that song!

Repeatedly: Lily, do not go in your room. Brynn is asleep.
*tries many times to sneak in*
Lily: Ok, guys. Freeze. Just freeze. Don't move!
Brad: Lily, us freezing does not mean that we won't see you go into your room.



Snow flakes : bran flakes

Can we watch Henry the Two?
Brad had been watching through a Shakespeare miniseries, and apparently, Lily was getting into it.

Saw a Tar Heel emblem
Look. Muddy feet.

I saved Gran's phone from Brynnie. I really did!



I'm sorry I squooshed corn on you. This corn has a lot of squoosh in it.

Claire: Ready or not ice cream...
Lily:...HERE WE COME!

I'm using my blanket so I'll be invisible!

Erin: Don't climb on the bed with your bare booty.
Lily: I don't have a bear booty! I have a fox booty!



Mommy, want to come swimming in our swimming pool?
swimming pool : the ocean

Are you going to drive to get food?
Are you going on a date?

Let's be finders, Gran!
playing hide-and-seek

I think there's fire in my mouth. It's in my throat.



Erin: Why are you wiping snot on Claire??
Lily: Because I'm Snot Girl.

Hey, Ray Ray. We're at our new house. It has a beach!
Our condo at the beach

The waves are roller coasters in the water that take me to land!

Fluffy stuff : tater tots

I'm a girl king!




This book is called "When Your Bunny Gets Lost."
Runaway Bunny

Bow at me, please. Because I'm a queen.




They're playing hornets.
French horns

copperating : cooperating

This is the best great idea ever!

Daddy, thank you! That was the funnest ride I ever seen!
car wash



She's my best girl and she played with me.
A grown-up friend from Duke and church

penny bank : piggy bank

We're baking ice cream for sale. 

I didn't drop any cats in the potty!
She was holding three toy cats while going potty.





Erin: Please stop growing up.
Lily: Don't be sad. I'll grow down later.

Mr. Britain : a history of Britain
Brad has been working through Simon Schama's A History of Britain, and apparently, Lily heard it as "Mr. Britain."

Erin: You can't go outside. It's too hot!
Claire: I like the hot.
Lily: I doesn't.



It's growing out of batteries.

Miss Kitty : my friend, Kat

Let's go wake up Miss Kitty like cock-a-doodle-doo.

That's the door where the creatures leave!
The exit door at Locopops.



Don't leave, creatures!
Said to anyone leaving Locopops.

That's the bat sticking his ears up.
Duke chapel

Lily: He's just my best buddy.
Erin: Who?
Lily: Daddy!!





I purr when I'm underwater.
Blows bubbles

Boy queen : king

A skip and a hop
What she chants as she hops along


No comments:

Boswell beach trip 2022: part 1

Just another friendly reminder that I'm still playing catch-up. Clearly, it is not currently July... We made another annual trip to Tops...